Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Variables and Pads
Hi all,

I would like to assign 2 sliders of a vst to a touchstrip and use 2 pads to decide if the touchstrip should control the first slider, the second slider or both at the same time. Using

Touchstrip:
var 'turnadoA' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 15 & var 'turnadoB' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 28

Pad 1:
var 'turnadoA' 1 ? set 'turnadoA 0 : set' turnadoA '1

Pad 2:
var 'turnadoB' 1 ? set 'turnadoB 0 : set' turnadoB '1

this happens:
I turn on pad 1, I move the touchstrip, the slider moves, I turn off the pad 1 and the slider will not move. Correct

I turn on pad 2, I move the touchstrip, the slider moves, I turn off the pad 2 and the slider will not move. Correct

I turn on pad 1 and pad 2 together, only the slider of the first command moves (var 'turnadoA' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 15)
while the slider of the second command (var 'turnadoB' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 28) not move.

Could someone tell me what am I wrong and if I can get what I want?

Thanks to anyone who wants to answer me.

Inviato Fri 20 May 22 @ 1:36 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you didn't account for all cases

thing a true ? thing b true ? both things : only first thing : thing b true ? only second thing : nothing

but now we have brackets in scripts, you could just do this

( var 'turnadoA' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 15 : ) & var 'turnadoB' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 28 :

Inviato Fri 20 May 22 @ 1:43 am
locodog wrote :
you didn't account for all cases

thing a true ? thing b true ? both things : only first thing : thing b true ? only second thing : nothing

but now we have brackets in scripts, you could just do this

( var 'turnadoA' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 15 : ) & var 'turnadoB' 0 ? effect_slider 'turnado' 28 :

I hadn't thought about the departures that allow us to divide the two cases, I'm still used to when they weren't present :) I tried and of course it works!

Thanks for your time Locodog!

Inviato Fri 20 May 22 @ 1:50 am