Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skins for Multiple Screen, Especially Asus Duo Laptops
benbirPRO (legacy)Member since 2008
Hi everyone,
I have an Asus DUO, (https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-Pro-Duo-15-OLED-UX582) which is a multi-touchscreen laptop. The main display is 3840x2160, and the secondary screen is 3840x1100.

Ideally, I'd like to modify a skin to place the decks on the second screen (to make use of the touch) OR move the file management windows to the second screen, to provide a full screen for just the decks.

1. Do such skins exist? I couldn't find one.
2. Can it be done? Can skins span multiple screens?
3. I would rather not read through all the docs and learn how to modify skin XMLs from scratch, so could someone tell me how? As an example, I've been using the skin "V8 but by Fruit"

Regards,

Ben

Inviato Thu 14 Jul 22 @ 10:22 am
Probably a custom skin required. Possibly one of the Atomix staff may be able to help.

Inviato Thu 14 Jul 22 @ 10:55 am
TBH, if I had that laptop I would go with a normal skin + a window, instead of full custom skin.
With this way you would use any typical skin you like on the top screen, and a custom view/skin that derives from a pop up window on the bottom screen.

Since your laptop is unique (I think there are only 2 solutions like this from ASUS) I doubt you'll find anything already made for it.
You will have to create your own skin and put in the stuff you want.

Now the extra "window" solution has an extra advantage: You don't need to modify anything on the existing skin that will work as a base. You just add your own code inside <window> ... </window> element and have fun. Even if you mess anything the base skin would still work.

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 11:50 am
i request friend i am an upcoming dj @djbantusmith on instagram

Inviato Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 2:27 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Probably a custom skin required. Possibly one of the Atomix staff may be able to help.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 22 @ 12:55 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
TBH, if I had that laptop I would go with a normal skin + a window, instead of full custom skin.
With this way you would use any typical skin you like on the top screen, and a custom view/skin that derives from a pop up window on the bottom screen.

This sounds interesting? How do achieve a VDJ skin in the main screen and a VDJ window in the second one? Or have I misunderstood?

PhantomDeejay wrote :

Now the extra "window" solution has an extra advantage: You don't need to modify anything on the existing skin that will work as a base. You just add your own code inside <window> ... </window> element and have fun. Even if you mess anything the base skin would still work.

I've never done anything like this before. Could you point me to some working samples? I'll check the docs but am willing to accept shortcuts. Actually, I can't find the docs. Do you know where I can find them, or do I need to sign up to a developer programme?

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 22 @ 1:04 pm
Dj bantu smith wrote :
i request friend i am an upcoming dj @djbantusmith on instagram

Friend status, granted. Only here though, I don't need more insta connections.

Inviato Fri 29 Jul 22 @ 1:05 pm
Salve a tutti sono nuovo in questo forum a prescindere il vs. software e fantastico molto funzionale e lineare complimenti anchio avrei la necessità di avere virtual dj su due monitor touchscreen differenti del tipo dek1 sul monitor 1 e deck 2 sul monitor 2 da mettere alle spalle dei miei technics 1200 con la sola visualizzazione dei dati wave traccia titoli etc del tipo display cdj 3000 o denon sc6000 ed i tasto browser per selezionare le tracce insomma spero di aver spiegato bene esiste qualche skin che mi possa risolvere il problema grazie
buon lavoro

Inviato Tue 02 Aug 22 @ 3:39 pm
mattControlleristMember since 2021

Inviato Wed 17 Aug 22 @ 11:10 am

Inviato Thu 25 Aug 22 @ 11:19 am
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I asked a similar question and was reminded of the BLOCK skin's movable panels.

Inviato Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 1:38 am
Still tweeking but can't achieve with available skins...anyone have any other suggestions?

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 8:17 pm
What exactly should be shown?
So right, left and middle

Inviato Thu 22 Sep 22 @ 9:48 pm

Inviato Fri 23 Sep 22 @ 1:00 pm

Inviato Fri 23 Sep 22 @ 2:43 pm
As promised...Thanks!

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 3:26 am
Looks great. On the next Version you can hide the small Browser on the Mainscreen.

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 10:30 am
Denny DennYo wrote :
Looks great. On the next Version you can hide the small Browser on the Mainscreen.

Looking forward to that.

Thanks Again!

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 4:11 pm