Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to set jog wheel to not stop when pressed?
Hey guys, I want to try using the jog wheel to beatmatch without a controller. I looked in Options in Settings and also at this thread here:

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/154120/Old_versions/Jog_Mode_setting_.html

I would like to use the jogwheel to line up the bass beats like on a 1200TT when you gently use the side of the platter to adjust it's speed but soon as I touch the jogwheel it stops, any way for it not to stop soon as it's clicked on please?

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 1:45 pm
turn off vinyl mode in the skin

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 1:52 pm

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 3:01 pm
As Rune has mentioned, Vinyl Mode needs to be OFF to achieve your goal.

In your great screenshots of settings:

1) the first screenshot shows Vinyl Mode ON for deck 2
and
2) the second screenshot shows Vinyl Mode ON for both decks 1 and 2.

Hope that helps.

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 3:45 pm

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 5:10 pm
No!
Your Jogs are in "Vinyl Mode" now...
First is for "yes" (Vinyl Mode) - second is for "no" (CD Mode)

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 7:03 pm
currently you as shown by your screenshot, you have Vinyl mode set to NO and then turned ON individually for for deck 1 and deck 2, so Vinyl mode is ON in your case.

You should be able to see on the Skin.. that vinyl is highlighted, when vinyl mode is ON.

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 7:05 pm

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 7:33 pm

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 7:40 pm
oh I see, thanks so if my last screenshot is showing the correct settings for cd mode then how can one know for sure when it's in CD mode? I have been looking all over the net for this info and only thing I have seen is that icon on top left of the jog wheel should turn color white which is doesn't on my end.

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 8:38 pm
mikehende wrote :
if my last screenshot is showing the correct settings for cd mode then how can one know for sure when it's in CD mode?

When a track is playing, click on the software jogwheel, if it stops then you know you are in vinyl mode.

I do not use the skin you are showing, but suspect it should change color cyan/red for deck 1/deck2 when in vinyl mode and gray(not full white) when in CD mode (vinyl mode OFF).

You are becoming a pro at this already :)

Inviato Tue 06 Sep 22 @ 9:22 pm
Well, when I click on the jogwheel it stops and with a track playing the icon is grey so I don't know what else to do?

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 22 @ 10:53 am
Actually guys, just got the info/help from support. This needed to be done inside the deck and not in Settings:

https://i.postimg.cc/D0S9VRt6/Screen-Shot-2022-09-07-at-8-22-48-AM.png

Problem now is, absolutely nothing is happening when I click inside the jogwheel so I cannot speed up or slow down, can any of you guys confirm this on your end for me please?

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 22 @ 12:25 pm
GhuiTHome userMember since 2022
JogSensitivityBend = set by default

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 22 @ 12:38 pm
Looking at every item in Options and Tweaks I am not seeing that listed neither in Decks options? Remember I not using a controller.

To clarify, what I am asking is if any of you guys can set your decks to CD Mode and tell me if you are able to adjust the speed of the playing tracks by clicking on the software's jogwheel please?

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 22 @ 1:11 pm
Oh hey guys, it is working now!

Inviato Wed 07 Sep 22 @ 5:52 pm