Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PartyMix 2 - Problem changing effects pads function
neilControlleristMember since 2022
I have a Numark PartyMix 2. I wanted to change which effects are on one of the pads since it only has 4 pads and I don't need both Flanger and Phaser. So I went into the Pads Editor and swapped the code in the Push Action window between pad 3 (Phaser) and pad 7 (Echo).

E.g. now Pad 3's Push Action code is: effect_active 'Echo' ? effect_slider 'Echo' 2 50% ? effect_active 'Echo' : effect_slider 'Echo' 2 50% : effect_active 'Echo' & effect_slider 'Echo' 2 50%

This hasn't worked out like I thought it would! Now when I hit pad 3 I do get the Echo effect but both pad 3 and pad 7 are highlighted. And when I hit pad 7 I do get the Phaser effect but the pad does not get highlighted at all.

I am clearly missing some understanding of how this system works. Any help would be appreciated.

Inviato Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 8:44 am

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 1:20 pm
Nobody knows?

Any suggestions on how I can solve this then?

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 1:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure why your script is so complex.
Doesnt this work for you ..
effect_active 'Echo' & effect_slider 'Echo' 2 50%

Anyways, the issue here is that this special Pads page has some query="" internal actions and can only be edited via the xml.
Since you already edited the Pads page, you should have a file PML FX.xml in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Pads folder.
Open the file with some advanced Editor (like Notepad++) - avoid Web Browsers - and edit the query="" part of the Pad you wish to edit.
But still , you need a much simpler action.

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 2:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
go into the pad xml [text editor level], delete the query entry for pad 7
save the xml & restart vdj
Pad LED logic has a "hidden layer" at text editor level for certain LED logic cases

@djdad, that's how the PML fx page is as default

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 2:11 pm
djdad wrote :
Not sure why your script is so complex.
Doesnt this work for you ..
effect_active 'Echo' & effect_slider 'Echo' 2 50%

Anyways, the issue here is that this special Pads page has some query="" internal actions and can only be edited via the xml.
Since you already edited the Pads page, you should have a file PML FX.xml in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Pads folder.
Open the file with some advanced Editor (like Notepad++) - avoid Web Browsers - and edit the query="" part of the Pad you wish to edit.
But still , you need a much simpler action.

I didn't write that script. It is what was on Pad 7. I just copy and pasted it to Pad 3. The pad layout is generated when I plug in the controller.

I'll check out this XML page to see if that sheds any light - thanks.

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 3:34 pm
locodog wrote :
go into the pad xml [text editor level], delete the query entry for pad 7
save the xml & restart vdj
Pad LED logic has a "hidden layer" at text editor level for certain LED logic cases

@djdad, that's how the PML fx page is as default

great, thanks. This solved it. I deleted the entry in the XML file and then recreated the script in the Pad Editor and it appears to be working as expected now.

Inviato Mon 10 Oct 22 @ 4:03 pm