Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Select deck from dynamic variable
Hello all !

I'm starting some scripting with VDJ but locking on variable use with action on deck

An concrete example :

Using automix dualdeck i have deck 1 playing track, and second waiting for playing.
Automix duration equal to 10s

When deck 1 hit a "action" POI it will set deck 2 eq_low to 0% that ok an working fine.
But here i start another action POI in same time and tell him to wait for 5 seconds and execute a loop to incrementing eq_low progressively to 50%.

For the repeat to 0% to 50% of eq_low i have used the following logic :
repeat_start_instant 'eqlat' 25ms & eq_low_freq & param_smaller 0.50 ? eq_low_freq +1% : repeat_stop 'eqlat'

This part working fine but executed on current deck.

Objective is to perform the repeat on opposite deck, the conditional i use for get opposite deck
deck 1 param_equal get_activedeck 1 ? deck 2 eq_low_freq 0% : deck 1 eq_low_freq 0%

That was working fine too.

But when i want to execute some code like that
deck 1 eq_low_freq 0%

How i can tell him to use for example a defined variable ?
set '$oppoDeck' `deck 1 param_equal get_activedeck 1 ? 2 : 1` & deck '$oppoDeck' eq_low_freq 0%

Here an example in video for more concrete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCeRE-Ead_o

Track have some POI (FADE_IN_START, AUTOMIX_START)
Actually :
- FADE_IN_START is where "automix" fadeStart POI is set, on this specific POI i adding action for increasing progressively eq_low that working fine in most cases but not at all.
- AUTOMIX_START is shot when track go the end when hitted it just starting the fade transition like normal, but opposite deck eq_low was set to 0% and setting an auto decreasing on eq_low for that deck with offset on POI depending on automix_length for lunch action not directly when fading started

That cool ! But when FADE_IN_START is not hitted when fading, no action start and is not very precise instead of AUTOMIX_START

Thanks for who want to help me !
Happy New Year :D

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 3:26 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
action_deck 1 ? deck 2 eq_low_freq 0% : deck 1 eq_low_freq 0%

can't use a variable as a param with the deck script, I can see the use but it doesn't exist, you've got to query something

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 3:37 am
Hey thank for the fast answer !

Ya didn't get working with param for now...

action_deck is like an alias for this long code, finally
deck 1 param_equal get_activedeck 1

But after some inspection on detail on VDJ, selected deck is set when loading file ! that following code not working !
repeat_start_instant 'eqlat' 25ms & eq_low_freq & param_smaller 0.50 ? eq_low_freq +1% : repeat_stop 'eqlat'

But with magic of action_deck that seem to work with following
repeat_start_instant 'eqlata' 25ms & action_deck 1 ? deck 2 eq_low_freq & param_smaller 0.50 ? deck 2 eq_low_freq +1% : repeat_stop 'eqlat' : deck 1 eq_low_freq & param_smaller 0.50 ? deck 1 eq_low_freq +1% : repeat_stop 'eqlat'

Will test more for sure but that sound cool thank for helping :D

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 4:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
select & deck active select & deck default eq_low_freq 0%

If you don't mind selected deck being manipulated you could do this

Inviato Sat 31 Dec 22 @ 4:57 am