Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script oddity
When I use this script on a pad or user button, it does and automatic instant switch of playing tracks, and returns the outgoing track to the latest cue point. That works great:
action_deck 1 ? deck 1 cue_stop & deck 2 play : deck 2 cue_stop & deck 1 play

But if I do it on release, by putting "up ?" in front if it, it gets a bit weird.
So this seems to work great
up ? action_deck 1 ? deck 1 cue_stop & deck 2 play : deck 2 cue_stop & deck 1 play
And if I map it on a deck-aware custom button or pad, I can even go back and forth
(normally there will be some "while pressed" -like scripts before he "up" part )

And if I then click cue on any of the decks it also works as expected. Still great

But if I go straight to using hot cues on a deck that has been the outgoing deck using the script, without clicking cue first, then VDJ (often? always? not sure) keeps (re)setting the hotcue instead of playing from it

It doesn't happen if the script is used without the "up ?"

I'm not sure why this happens...

Here is an example
First I use the script without the "up" part
Then everything acts like expected, even when going straight to hot cue after using the script twice (to get back to the original deck)
Then I add the "up" part. Then it everything acts like expected on release
But when I then go straight to triggering a hotcue on the playing deck, VDJ starts resetting the hotcue again and again
Finally I click cue once, and then go back to using hot cues. Then VDJ returns to expected behavior

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 12:32 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
cue_stop needs to keep track of key press and release (for stutter cue for example)
If you want handle just up or down, you'll need to use stop/play/pause/goto_cue basic commands

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 1:07 pm
The problem is, cue_stop is always triggert when you use "up ? ". When you click a Hotcue, than you set the hotcue new to the actual position.

You can deactivate this with the option "updateHotCueOnCueCombo"

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 1:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sidetrack but related
@Adion Ah, so the case of karaoke skip which is cue_button what would the option be? because that command buried deep in a script just works as play.
And I feel it's because it sees a down, but never an up

Currently to get a song off the deck and the next one on [with the singer/keydiff intact] I have to do a really ugly process

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 1:25 pm
Cool! Thanks to both of you
(and locodog - not quite sure what you are talking about :) )

Anyways...
Replacing "cue_stop" with "stop & goto_cue" indeed works

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 1:26 pm
locodog wrote :
Sidetrack but related
@Adion Ah, so the case of karaoke skip which is cue_button what would the option be? because that command buried deep in a script just works as play.
And I feel it's because it sees a down, but never an up

Currently to get a song off the deck and the next one on [with the singer/keydiff intact] I have to do a really ugly process

Karaoke will skip to next song whenever song is stopped, so just stop will do as well.

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 1:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the song never starts, so stop doesn't work.
I could do this
play & wait 25ms & stop
but that would restart the in between music

karaoke_skip would be a direct action
[sorry for hijacking the thread klaus]

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 2:51 pm
Looks like that's the only reason cue_stop works as well (shortly starting the song before stopping it)

Inviato Thu 02 Feb 23 @ 3:02 pm