Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stems 2.0 files not loading after latest update (build b7462 VDJ 2023)
Hi everyone, I have updated to the latest stable version of VDJ and unfortunately all the pre computed stems 2 files (well over a thousand tracks) have stopped working and when you load a track it analyses it again as a Fast stem!

My laptop is not fast enough to analyse stems 2 on the fly so have to rely on precomputed stems for my most played tracks.

Has anyone got any idea what has changed on this latest update and how to fix it ? I don't really want to waste another few days analysing the same tracks again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 2:49 pm
I had a similar issue weeks ago where it stopped recognising some tracks that had precomputed stems in the correct location. Can't remember how I fixed it though.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 3:06 pm
That's exactly the issue I have now and thing is its stopped working on 2 laptops that I use to DJ so must be a bug in the latest build, if you remember how you fixed it please let me know

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 3:58 pm
It was a long winded process I remeber, something in the tag editor for each song where it "lost" the stem file but it took a while to do.

That's part of the reason I just got a faster machine to create them on the fly with no saving.

Edit: Found it.

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/250299/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Files_with_created_stems_not_being_recognsed_as_such.html

I had to create a filter folder with all the songs that had disconnected from the stems file then drag each one on to a deck for it to be recognised again.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 4:11 pm
Thanks for that mate, I will try it out now and see if I have any luck

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 4:23 pm
Cool, let me know. Certainly worked for me.

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 4:27 pm
I can't seem to get it to work, gutted, looks like I am going to have to rescan everything until I can buy a suitable laptop that can run Stems 2 live, not sure what they have done in the latest update but it has broken the stems 2 pre analysed files working on a lower spec PC, hope they can fix it soon

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 6:06 pm