Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buying my first setup.
Hi I am looking for some advice for my first setup. I would like to keep my overall budget between 100 and 200 dollars. I understand I won't get much for that price. I was thinking of purchasing the akai lpd8 and rebinding the knobs as an addition to my cheap mixer. On my cheap mixer I would atleast like the 3 knobs for high mid low at minimum. Jogwheels don't have to be anything special, and i will also consider "on the go" mini mixers; i usually sit down when I mix anyway.

The overall goal is to have a physical crossfader, the basic 3 turn knobs on the eq, and some extra knobs to rebind for what I want personally. I feel like this could be a great start but I'm wondering before I do all this if this will even work. I am fairly new to the termonolgy used for hooking things like this up.

So basically, advice on if purchasing the akai lpd8, and something like the numark party mix is compatible or is there something better on the market? I will be using virtual dj on my windows pc along with the mixer and lpd8.

What would you buy? Thanks in advance.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 7:03 pm
get a Numark DJ2GO2 TOUCH

then you will probably have enough money for a home license to go with it

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 8:22 pm
i will deff be buying a license soon. The controller you listed only looks like it has 1 knob. I'd like to have atleast the traditional 3

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 8:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Consider ..
Hercules inpulse 200 (replace Gain with High EQ)
Hercules Inpulse 300

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 8:46 pm
I really like those inpulses. Deff a consideration.

https://reverb.com/item/53123795-numark-mixtrack-3 Would this be compatible with the lpd8? Could I use both the mixtrack 3, the lpd8, and virtual dj together? After over and hour of research I think I really like this deck.

Any reason to not use this one other than it being used? I'm not sure how important having a modern deck is.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:09 pm
if you're really that limited for budget - consider buying a used controller. if you're in the U.S. you can usually find gently used or at least in good condition gear at Guitar Center or some of the other retailers. there are most likely online sellers for used dj gear as well... and even craigslist or pawnshops. tho i consider those two as kind of last resort options.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:25 pm
user26247788 wrote :
https://reverb.com/item/53123795-numark-mixtrack-3 Would this be compatible with the lpd8? Could I use both the mixtrack 3, the lpd8, and virtual dj together?

Yes they are both supported by Virtual DJ and can be used together.

Are you plans to subscribe to VDJ, $19/m, or purchase, (it seems the 2 home plus licenses, for $49 lpd8, and $99 MixTrack 3) or .. what is probably hardest at first, but best over all for future changes, to get purchase the infinity pro license, the amazingly best value of $299, for life (don't know of other software that is such an amazing deal) ?

Note: and one could easily, at some future time, able to come by a great controller the you would love, which is not available for a home license.

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:52 pm

Inviato Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 10:11 pm
Hi thats a nice deck for the price. What is the purpose of having line in?

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 12:26 am
import external sources.
CD,
time code,
youtube,
Spotify
and and and

Inviato Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 11:05 pm