Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ-Laptop (Windows)
Hi VDjs,

I'm planning to buy the Pro Version asap and also a new DJ laptop (Windows, not Apple) and wanted to ask in general - also because you hear different things on this topic and the statements are partly contradictory:

A laptop from "standard brands" such as Dell, Acer, HP etc. with the corresponding components/features (16 GB RAM, i7 etc.) run just as reliably and stably under VDJ? I don't use Video-DJing, no live STEMS. My Budget: 1200 - 1500 Euros.

Do you recommend any Laptops or models? - I dont want to spend 2800 euros/dollars on a Macbook Pro or Razor Blade.

Thanks and k regards

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 7:09 pm
Am grateful for tipps:)

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 7:09 pm
What Ive notice you should stay away from nvidia 3050 graphics cards but I would stay away from all cards ending in '50.

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 7:27 pm
Standard brands are ok, but you'll have much more success if you don't go for an "office/business" laptop, but a "gaming" laptop instead.
The reason is that gaming laptops are designed with "performance" as their core/main attribute instead of "efficiency" that's the core of the "business" models.
You should be able to find some good "gaming" laptops within your price range.

Personal preference: Get an intel processor and nVidia graphics.
I know that AMD offers more power for the money, but intel usually offers much greater compatibility.

Inviato Tue 18 Apr 23 @ 9:11 am