Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Seeking a plugin to periodically display text blocks during video play - similar to the past TV series "blind date"
Is there a plugin or skin that will periodically display text blocks sourced from a video comment tag and slide in from left with an audio alert (beep). This will happen multiple times during video play.

The text in the comment field will have delimiters like a pipe bar | to define each text block.

Example
Prince started his career in 1969|His first hist was "Soft and Wet in 1978|He had over 400 albums

The skin syntax might be (just a concept)
<textzone alertsound="beep.mp3" interval="30s" slidein="left:100ms" duration="2s" slideout="left:100ms">
<size width="1920" height="130"/>
<text size="14" color="#ffffff" weight="bold" action="get_comment & param_uppercase" multiline="yes"/>
</textzone>

Inviato Sat 13 May 23 @ 3:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Could it be done via Lyrics video edit in VirtualDJ (as to create a karaoke)? Or comment tag and sliding from left to right are required?

Inviato Sat 13 May 23 @ 4:41 am
I am not aware of the lyrics editor. Where is that located?

No using the comments field is not a requirement. I just figured since it is a much larger text area it would suit the idea.

Inviato Sat 13 May 23 @ 5:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Inviato Sat 13 May 23 @ 5:46 am
Thanks for the guide to the lyrics editor. The overlay text looks to be the desired function, however I just can't get it to display and I've followed through to the save step. The guide does state
--
"creates a special .vdjedit file that can be loaded to a deck"
--
but I don't know where to find that data. I've scanned all the folders in the left column but nothing relative is shown.

Also there is mention of an "overlay editor" but I can't locate that anywhere.

I'm trying to do this process using the Automix playlist.

Inviato Sat 13 May 23 @ 5:46 pm