Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Create cues per virtual folder instead of per song?
Hi all,

Brand new to the software and still learning to get my feet with it all. I created my first set, which went well, but now I want to make a few modifications to it. Only issue is, I'm playing again tomorrow evening, so I want to have a "fallback plan" in case I don't manage to get the changes done in time. I tried to create a new virtual folder, copy in the tracks and edit the cue points on it, but it seems that it stores the cue points on the files instead?

Is there any way to have different cue points per virtual folder? Or.. something similar to that? Or is my best bet going to be to duplicate the files with a modified name and then do it that way? Though I feel like i'd lose my original cue points if I go down that route.

Any ideas on how to best achieve my goal? I did also think about creating a backup of the database, but I feel like it may become a pain in the arse if I have to do that for each and every set, and also runs the risk of database corruption if I keep messing with things in that light.

Thanks,

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 8:52 am
No, it's not possible to store cues "per folder"
Cues are always stored "per track"
However you have unlimited amount of cues you can store per track. And to be honest, I rarely use more than 6 cues, let alone 8 that's the amount supported directly (without messing with extra pages) from most controllers.

PS: If you don't use many cues, perhaps you can split to use cues 1-4 for "one set" and 5-8 for a "second set"
Also perhaps you can edit their names or their colors if you want to stand out.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 12:51 pm
Morning Phantom,

Got'cha! Thank you! That's a great idea, I think I'll go down that path for it all!

Thank you for your help.

Inviato Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 8:27 am