Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 stops reading the external HD
VDJ8 will stop reading the external HD. I have Done several events now that the program will stop showing the songs that are in the folders on my externa HD. You can see the folders , but songs will stop showing in them. It will read just fine and show all the songs when I click on the folders then all of a sudden when you click on a folder its blank. When I switched back to VDJ7 , it works just fine, seems to be just with VDJ8 this happens. Any ideas as to why this happens would be great, would love to use the new version.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 6:06 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Either activated a quick filter, or disabled one of the show music/video/karaoke buttons?

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 7:19 am
I did disable the Video and Karaoke, does this effect it somehow? I didnt disable while playing , I disabled the view of them when I installed the program.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 1:39 pm
Maybe I need to clearify, When I first start the program , all the folders and files show,,, but after awhile for some reason it stops showing the files in the folders, even on folders that previously showed the files and I did not change anything as far viewing anything. It just stopes showing the files. It runs great at first and then all of sudden that happens.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 1:47 pm
Check windows power settings for your USB ports as it may be putting them to sleep. Also try another cable.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 1:59 pm
to check if it's a quick filter that has been enabled..

create a custom button, w script:
quick_filter off
to turn off any/all quick filters.

Or the custom button:
quick_filter off & setting 'showMusic' on
to ensure that all quick filters are off and Show Music is ON.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 2:35 pm