Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto Headphones & Auto PFL on select
in the options menu, ive always had "auto Headphones" set to Onload and "PFL on select" set to yes. this way when i'm djing, it will automatically switch the headphone cue to the song that was loaded. basically so you don't always have to push the cue button to hear your loaded song in the headphones.. Recently i bought a new controller "Rane One" so now every tyme i open VDJ it has those settings turned off. so i have to keep turning them back on ? anybody know a way of saving those settings to keep them selected on by default ?

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 7:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
does it actually work when you turn it on?

looking at what oninit does for that device, I'm not sure it would.
setting 'skin6FxLayout' on & setting_setsession 'pflOnselect' off & setting_setsession 'autoHeadphones' 'no' & fake_master on & fake_pfl on & fake_hp on & fake_hpmix on

https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/one/layout/mixer.html

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 7:25 pm
yes it all works fine. but if i close out VDJ and open back up, those settings are back to default and i have to turn them back on

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 8:08 pm
well remove the setting_setsession bit, that's doing the switching

oh and I'm right here, only 2 people in the thread and posting 1/2 an hour apart, you don't need to quote

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 8:10 pm
i know your hella good at coding and stuff do you know of an "oninit" that would let it stay on ?

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 8:11 pm
locodog wrote :

okay as soon as i get home i'll try that and post back here thanks so much.. you always come through with the answers :-)

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 8:11 pm
locodog wrote :

oh and I'm right here, only 2 people in the thread and posting 1/2 an hour apart, you don't need to quote

your the man.. just got home and made those settings and it all works like b4 thanks :-)

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 23 @ 9:08 pm
I just purchased a Rane One and I am having this same issue. The autoheadphones cue is not working for me at all. I set it to "onload" but it's not loading.

Is there a fix for this I can try?

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 10:40 pm
Did you see the suggested solution from Locodog a bit up?

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 10:51 pm
I'm not sure "How" it works, but according to djtyme209 it does, just follow what's in this thread

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 10:53 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
Did you see the suggested solution from Locodog a bit up?

Yep. I tried that first. I removed the (& setting_setsession 'autoHeadphones' 'no'") but it still doesn't work. I noticed the other guy said that the function worked for him but was just resetting itself to no. My issue is that the autoheadphones function is not working at all for me.

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 11:18 pm
I can't help, on paper it shouldn't work, I don't have one in front of me to test, I'm just going off what djtyme said, maybe he's doing something different.

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 11:29 pm
You are very correct. On paper it shouldn't work and I can verify that it DOESN'T work at all. Sigh... bummer. Thinking about returning it now.

Inviato Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 11:32 pm
I got it to work! I figured it out from following some information in another thread on this forum. Basically, it does work when you modify the oninit info like DJTyme said.

However, the LED lights do not indicate that it's working and that is what was throwing me off. The LED lights do not change, however when you listen in the headphones, it's working perfectly. I am totally FINE with that!

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 23 @ 12:42 am
Oh good stuff,
I'd love to hear phantomdj's take on this, it's such a weird way they've [rane] done things for a master&headphones device

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 23 @ 1:21 am