Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why did VDJ shut down.
During a gig last night VDJ shut down. I was 1 and 1/ 2 hours into the gig when it shut down. I rebooted and it was okay for the next 3 hours. I've been running the program in the office for 4 hours now. All seems good.

I have version V2023 b7831.

Can someone explain why this may have happened? Is there a problem with the latest update?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 4:47 pm
If yuo were online a crash report was most likely sent to support
So in that case support can tell you want went wrong on your laptop

Abbey Lane wrote :
Is there a problem with the latest update?

Most like not. It's almost never the latest updates fault when somethings goes wrong - although it pretty much always gets blamed as the first thing

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 5:11 pm
My laptop isn't on-line when performing. (Very few halls around here have a connection.)

Perhaps I was running VDJ software twice at the same time and I run out of memory.? Is this possible to load the VDJ twice with this version; v2023 b7831 ?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:03 pm
No, VirtualDJ is designed as "single instance" application.
So, if you try to launch it twice, it will warn you that VirtualDJ is already running and the second instance will then shut down.

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:05 pm
The problem is, VDJ often stays sitting around in the background when it should be closed.

Look at this - I've just gone to Task Manager whilst writing this reply, and what do I see?

Inviato Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:42 pm
GroovinDJ...

Are you suggesting there is something that I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 23 @ 8:18 pm
I doubt anyone will be able to explain why it happened, if the only info you provide is "it shut down".

Inviato Mon 04 Dec 23 @ 11:37 pm