Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PIONEER DDJ-FLX10 VIRTUAL DJ STEM ISSUE?
On Rekordbox/Serato if I press SHIFT+CUE that makes the HIGH MID LOW knobs control each stem seperation (VOICE INSTRUMENT DRUMS). Is there a way to do that same function with VDJ? Also.. how do I get the FX PART SELECT on the FLX10 to do the same thing it does on Rekordbox/Serato?

Is there anything else the VDJ cant do with the FLX10 that Rekordbox/Serato can?

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 6:19 am
Thanks. It works but I cant use the SHIFT CUE option to switch back to FREQUENCY mode.

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 6:55 am
Sorry.. Im new at this.. I just did it in OPTIONS. How do I map it? Will it change back to FREQUENCY that way also?

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 6:56 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 7:03 am
Got it! Thanks! I know this is asking for a lot more.. but on Rekordbox/Serato if your using the knobs for STEMS then the CUE button will blink to let you know that STEMS is still on,.. Is there a way to do that?

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 7:09 am
It's not that simple for FLX-10.
Pressing SHIFT+PFL also toggles a few things on device firmware.
That's why we had to not include the SHIFT+PFL "eq mode" adjustment on the FLX10 mapping.

And the "blinking" part of the CUE (PFL) button comes from the device firmware.

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 7:53 am
that explains the weirdness, looks like you'll have to pick a different key.

Inviato Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 7:56 am
locodog wrote :
map shift+pfl to
setting eqmode EZRemix ? setting eqmode Frequency : setting eqmode EZRemix

The rest I don't know what you mean, please elaborate, I don't use other SW.

So this works, but it turns all the knobs on all the channels to STEMS. Not just the channel selected.

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 3:23 am
locodog wrote :

Thats a shame. The whole reason I bought the FLX10 was for the stem options. Do you think the VDJ will eventually find a map for all the STEM functions the way Rekordbox and Serato has them?

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 3:25 am
This one went over my head a little. I couldnt find "LED_PFL", and not sure where this goes.

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 3:26 am
It won't work due to hardware limitations I wasn't aware of, usual cases it would work but not with flx10

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 3:27 am
DJFOOZBOL wrote :
locodog wrote :

Thats a shame. The whole reason I bought the FLX10 was for the stem options. Do you think the VDJ will eventually find a map for all the STEM functions the way Rekordbox and Serato has them?

Good reason. and yes everything works great with VDJ
You just need to map this specific switch function to something else on the controller :)

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 12:13 pm
DJFOOZBOL wrote :
Do you think the VDJ will eventually find a map for all the STEM functions the way Rekordbox and Serato has them?

Why should it ? I mean, why this:
DJFOOZBOL wrote :
the way Rekordbox and Serato has them

VirtualDJ was the first software to offer Stems.
VirtualDJ has it's own logic.
VirtualDJ offers more than the competitors when it come to stems.
VirtualDJ may have similar functions to other software, but it does not want nor need to copy how other software works.
The same applies on controller integration.
VirtualDJ offers stems and tries to follow the silkscreen of the controller and the way the controller works with other software. However on several occasions the functions may be slightly different because the software itself (and the way it works) is different.

It's ok to want an extra feature. And yes you can map the equalizer mode on your controller if you wish so, but not on SHIFT+PFL due to some firmware weirdness from Pioneer.
What's not ok is to expect a competitor software to just copy another. Especially when in the function involved, VirtualDJ was the first "and the others copied"

PS: Don't get me wrong. I just want to emphasize that people should NOT want/expect VirtualDJ to "just copy" the functions of competitors. Basically they should NOT want/expect the opposite either. :)

Inviato Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 1:15 pm
Hi there, I just got my FLX10 and was also curious about the "Part ISO" function. So I played around a bit and ended up with adding the following to my xml file and so far it works as I would have expected. (I admit that I don't know what the original behaviour with Rekordbox is :P )

<map value="SHIFT_PFL" action="setting eqmode EZRemix ? setting eqmode Frequency : setting eqmode EZRemix" />
<map value="SHIFT_LED_PFL" action="setting eqmode EZRemix ? on : off" />

This works per channel, not global.

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 24 @ 12:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The actions above should work fine and i could say that in theory, these ^ could be the default actions too, in case we want to match the functionality with Rekordbox.
But ...
due to the device firmware, if the Led of the SHIFT_PFL is mapped as "true" (you turn it on), then each time you move the EQ knobs, you ll get the led of the PFL buttons to blink, so if you regularly use the Stems on EQ, you ll end up having the PFL leds flashing all night ! , even if SHIFT is not pressed, and that's something we found annoying, no ?

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 24 @ 1:05 pm
Ahh, I see your point. For me the LED blinking counts as a feature not a bug since I want to switch EQ modes and wanna have some feedback about it. ;)

Inviato Thu 22 Aug 24 @ 3:16 pm