Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: im trying to show my video play from vdj in obs but it switches and shows vdj it self
I'm not a fan of streaming with vdj so I use obs ......why when I video mix does the master video out switch to show VDJ itself instead of the video I'm mixing in obs .. what am I doing wrong

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 5:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try using NDI out

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 5:44 am
To add to what @locodog said

There might be a bit of information missing for us to understand more - how is your streaming setup done, are doing it all on one machine? Different machines? How are you sending video from VirtualDJ to OBS?

Regardless of the above questions, it sort of sounds like you are screen grabbing in some way:

• Through VirtualDJ directly using the Screen Grab master effect

Male sure that is switched off
  • Through screen/window capture source in OBS

Remove this as well

If you aren't using a different machine for streaming with a direct connection + video capture card, then what @locodog said is probably the way (I've never tried it myself so others would be of more help here if necessary)

• Install the Send NDI addon in VirtualDJ
    It looks like @Adion is the developer of that addon so he may be able to help you to get it setup if it isn't obvious
  • Install the OBS-NDI plugin in obs and follow its instruction to get it setup.
    I think to use it, it just adds a new source type (NDI) that requires some protocol specific setup to receive audio/video information from VirtualDJ using the NDI protocol.

I personally think using a separate machine for streaming is easier/more reliable - you just need a capture card for the video out of the machine running VDJ, a sound card to capture the output from VDJ and maybe some audio delay adjustment on the video capture in OBS.

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 3:08 pm
....or (simplest solution) stream directly from VirtualDJ. It's worked flawlessly for me since 2020.

Inviato Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 3:17 pm