Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One - VDJ won't remember crossfader curve setting
I set the crossfader curve setting to SCRATCH.

However, every time I close and re-open VDJ, it doesn't remember the setting and I have to reset it to SCRATCH again.

Is there a way to get VDJ to remember the setting so I don't have to keep re-setting it?

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 10:03 am
Just a guess...

Could it be because it's reads the crossfader curve knob position on the Rane One at startup, and adjusts accordingly?

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 10:14 am
That's what I thought too Klaus, but nope. I set the physical knob on the Rane One all the way to the right for the sharpest cut possible. I set VDJ to scratch. Everything works fine. Then close VDJ, re-open VDJ and it's not set to scratch anymore.

It's got me scratching my head lol.

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 10:19 am
DJay 2Legit wrote :
That's what I thought too Klaus, but nope. I set the physical knob on the Rane One all the way to the right for the sharpest cut possible. I set VDJ to scratch. Everything works fine. Then close VDJ, re-open VDJ and it's not set to scratch anymore.

It's got me scratching my head lol.

Ok, weird
Then maybe a quick fix could be to change it at startup - like maybe 3 sec after VDJ has started
You can do that by adding this to the ONINIT script on the controller. Or on the keyboard mapping, if you always want it to trigger:
wait 3000ms & setting 'crossfadercurve' 'scratch'

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 10:25 am
It worked!

Thanks Klaus!!!

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 10:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJay 2Legit wrote :

Before editing the ONINIT key... When you re-open VDJ with Rane One connected and the CF CONTOUR to the maximum position, what do you see in VirtualDJ setting ? Wont say "Scratch", but should say something like "1.0" or some other value.

Inviato Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 3:40 pm
djdad wrote :
DJay 2Legit wrote :

Before editing the ONINIT key... When you re-open VDJ with Rane One connected and the CF CONTOUR to the maximum position, what do you see in VirtualDJ setting ? Wont say "Scratch", but should say something like "1.0" or some other value.

Sorry it took me so long to answer. After editing ONINIT worked for me, I stopped checking back. But to answer your question, yes that's correct. It would say "1.0" instead of "Scratch."

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 8:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, i took a look at my notes and can confirm that the position of the Cf CONTOUR knob is not reported on startup. We had reported to Rane but seems it's not fixed in any firmware update.
Therefore, VirtualDJ doesnt know the value the knob is reporting, until the moment you move it.

Keep the action to your ONINIT key, but keep in mind that after that, once you move the knob it will adjust the CF curve. If all you need and use is the Scratch curve, you could remove the action from the CF COUNTOUR key to avoid unwanted changes.

Inviato Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 2:41 pm
djdad wrote :
If all you need and use is the Scratch curve, you could remove the action from the CF COUNTOUR key to avoid unwanted changes.

Yep, all I ever need is the scratch curve so this is a great idea! I just removed the action from the CF Contour key and I also put the ONINIT command back that way it was before I changed it. Working perfectly!! THANKS!!

Now I can use that contour knob for something else that's more useful lol.

Inviato Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 11:49 am