Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Any way to...
Marry the .cue file to the VDJ recorded .mp3 file once they have been separated? I'm sure the files go together, but didn't "copy" or "move" them thru the VDJ app, so now they are divorced. I don't see a way to really "import" either, so am curious if I'm just missing something......

Inviato Wed 17 Jan 24 @ 10:35 pm
Just "move" it manually alongside the mp3 file.
The "cue" file just needs to have the same filename and be in the same path as the original file.
Finally, VirtualDJ itself writes cue files, but does not use them.
When you're recording something it creates a cue file for other software to use. However VirtualDJ itself keeps the track changes on its own database as hotcues and you can see them on POI editor.

Inviato Thu 18 Jan 24 @ 7:32 am
ok so long before I understood the BEST way to move these files around, I just copied them thru the Finder., as I'm on MacOS. So I've got a single folder with the .mp3 file and the corresponding .cue file, but when I play the file, which is a long mix, the song titles don't appear in the waveform as they change. I've deleted the file from the library, and re-added, it again, but still no song titles. I've even deleted the file from the database, added single letter to the end of both files trying to trick VDJ into seeing both again, but to no avail. So is there a particular procedure used in VDJ to get this work like I'm expecting?

Inviato Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 5:04 am
As I said, the CUE file is not used by VirtualDJ, AT ALL.

VirtualDJ creates this file while recording (if enabled in options) for other applications to be able to use it.

When you playback a mix you recorded with VirtualDJ, the track Titles are actually POIs (hotcues) placed by VirtualDJ on the file while recording.

In order to keep them when moving the file around, you need to perform the file operation (move/copy) from WITHIN VirtualDJ browser. NOT from Finder.
This way VirtualDJ keeps track of where the recorded file has been moved, and can still load up the POIs (hotcues) for the track when you load it on a deck.

When you move/rename a file outside VirtualDJ, it loses track of it and cannot recall the relevant information anymore.

If you have not cleaned up the database from missing files, then there might be a chance to still get your information back.
Use Finder to move back the file on the folder it was originally created, and rename it to match the name it had before.
Start VirtualDJ and browse for the file. If (as I mentioned already) you have not cleaned your database, and you load the track on a deck, it should bring up the info.
Unload the deck, and then use VirtualDJ browser to move/copy/rename the file to wherever you want.
After the process is complete, the file should keep the relevant information on it's new location as well.

Inviato Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 8:31 am
Got it.

As I mentioned, after I learned how to "move" and "copy" those recording from within VDJ, all is fine... but was hoping to get some of that data back from either the .cue and or the .m3u files... that I can't is no big deal, but at least I can put this to rest.

Inviato Fri 19 Jan 24 @ 3:19 pm