Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using line-in without being buffered or processed on Roland DJ-707M (too much delay)
mikiHome userMember since 2022
Hi, using a Roland DJ-707M in the mode of line input VirtualDJ introduces a lot of delay on the signal processing that make the line input useless to mix using a external controller, sampler or other device. What you hear on CUE or headphones on external device it gets lagged and you can't manually beat-sync.

But anyway, there is any method to avoid VirtualDJ of buffering an processing and then playing back the line input? I don't want any effects applied or loops or anything. Just use the 707M as a external mixer for channels 3 and 4 and using VirtualDJ for channels 1 and 2. I tried to configure the mixer settings on the 707M from Serato to Internal and it didn't work, VirtualDJ still takes over the line input.

So, any solution, configuration parameter or workaround I can do to bypass the input directly to hardware fader+eq+gain to the mix output? (even if it's without EQ, only volume is ok)

Btw, I have the ASIO configuration of the 707 at 128 samples, but it's not important as I don't want any processing from VirtualDJ I want to use as a mixer, in the same way it works when you have the PC disconnected.

Thanks!

Inviato Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 10:43 am
Please post a screengrab of your VDJ audio settings.

Asssuming you are using the default plug & play settings for the 707, indeed the signal does go from line in, via VDJ and back out, but there shouldn't be a noticeable delay (VDJ setup guide shows 5ms).

Inviato Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 7:36 pm
mikiHome userMember since 2022

Here it goes. It says 2ms but if you connect and external controller to a line-in channel and you try to sync the beat by ear based what you hear on the room and using headphones for CUE on the second controller and then when it's in sync you add it to the main mix on the 707 that delay make it a bit out of sync so it renders useless.

I tried to remove "line in 4" assignment from that dialog or also "auxin" to see if it gets redirected on the hardware but not. Then only silence. It should be a mode to bypass the recording+playing strategy and let the hardware just act as a real mixer.

Inviato Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 9:29 pm
any part of your setup wireless?

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 24 @ 12:28 am