Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Getting to mix vinyl records and digital files through my kontrol s4 mk2
Hi,

Been scratching my head on how to hook up my turntables to the kontrol s4 mk2 in order to have Deck A and B play my records through the soundcard in to the main mix and have deck C and D work with the files on my computer. It must be possible to do that right?

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think so, I believe the inputs on the back are fixed to mixer channels 3 & 4

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:23 pm
I'm confused. In the setup guide for VDJ the image of the rear connections shows C and D as the inputs. Via Google I'm finding images that label the inputs as A and B.

The Native Instruments manual is even more confusing. The text talks about A & B, yet the images show C & D.

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 3:15 pm
so phono can only be activated on deck B and A. When I use the mixer standalone works like a charm. I just dont know how to configure the line in in the audio setup I guess.

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 4:24 pm
In the VDJ audio config area, how many inputs and outputs are shown for the S4 in the dropdown selections?

Normally, you would have to enable line input (top right) then select the input, the audio interface and the channels. That should give you line input buttons on the relevant decks on the VDJ skin.

That's if there are inputs available from the S4

Inviato Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 5:24 pm