Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loss of History and Playlist Filepath Issues
Sudden loss of my Playlists and History data in left panel. My years of playlist suddenly disappeared when I opened V2023. The File path in the properties is blank . The weird thing is the Filepath seems different from my other PCs as this one says filepath is C:\Users\andyb\AppData\Local\VitualDJ\History or Playlist. I have found all the information in the C Drive Documents folder where the filepath is on my other PCs. My question is why did it suddenly disappear and should it be in the AppData \Local folders?

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 7:59 am
All new installations of the software use the AppData\Local folder to store VirtualDJ related information.
So, if you have completely uninstalled and reinstalled your software, or reset it's settings, it's going to use AppData folder from now on.

Older installations that had the VirtualDJ folder allready present on their Documents folder will keep using that folder even after updates/upgrades.

The only way to switch to new location is by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the software, or reseting it's settings as mentioned above.

This is the case since the release of VirtualDJ 2023, BTW. In other words it's not something new.

Inviato Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 8:15 am