Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Display Pitch value instead of BPM on little Rane 12 screen
Hi, as I get pleasure beatmatching the oldschool way, I'd like to replace the Rane 12 MK2 BPM display with the actual pitch value: so +5,20% or -5,20% sintead of 128.25BPM :-)

I managed to make this mapping :
loaded ? get_pitch_value : constant 0

but seems like it take the 100% speed value as baseline so will not 105,20bpm or 94,80bpm (can't get these 3 'bpm' letters not displayed).

Any better way to write this down and get the exact same result I see on the laptop screen for pitch value?

Inviato Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 8:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
loaded ? param_greater 0 get_pitch ? get_text "+`get_pitch`" : get_pitch : constant 0

maybe that, idk if that screen can handle +- chars

Inviato Sun 10 Mar 24 @ 8:39 pm
Wait...when did we become able to get the pitch on the 12 mk2 screen? Been wanting/needing that for YEARS and didn't think it was possible. Tell me HOW!!!! LOL

Inviato Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 9:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Did you ask?
the script is there^
map to DNC_BPM

OP never got back to me if it can display +/- chars

Inviato Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 10:13 pm
locodog wrote :
Did you ask?
the script is there^
map to DNC_BPM

OP never got back to me if it can display +/- chars

I just remember it always being said that it didn't work, so I never questioned it...lol

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:03 am
Wait....I asked the wrong question...I'm trying to get the BPM to display on the screen. I see the default mapping in my VDJ, but the display remains blank.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:06 am
For the BPM display to work, a newer firmware is needed.
We have asked Rane to release that firmware but apparently they have not done that publicly (there's no firmware download on https://www.rane.com/downloads)
So, either they give the newer firmware through their support channels, or newer units ship with the newer firmware.

PS: By "newer" firmware we mean a newer than the one the unit shipped upon original launch.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:29 am
locodog wrote :
loaded ? param_greater 0 get_pitch ? get_text "+`get_pitch`" : get_pitch : constant 0

maybe that, idk if that screen can handle +- chars

The unit expects an INTEGER, not text, in order to show the BPM

So, simply get_pitch should probably do it. However I don't remember if the unit is capable to show negative numbers.
Finally there's no way to remove the "BPM" glyph symbol from the VFD.

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:33 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
For the BPM display to work, a newer firmware is needed.
We have asked Rane to release that firmware but apparently they have not done that publicly (there's no firmware download on https://www.rane.com/downloads)
So, either they give the newer firmware through their support channels, or newer units ship with the newer firmware.

PS: By "newer" firmware we mean a newer than the one the unit shipped upon original launch.

GOTCHA!!! Did a little digging on how to determine which firmware I'm on, and apparently, it's the old firmware (MCU 0.51).....*le sigh*

Inviato Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 12:34 am