Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Script
Using VDJ Script how can I get the text from a cue button, check that if equals 'FULL IN', and run another action if true. Something like: goto_cue 1 & cue_name 1 'FULL IN' ? browsed_song composer '{}'. Thanks in advance.

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 7:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Something like but you need an equality check

param_equal `cue_name 1` 'FULL IN' ? on : off

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 8:57 pm
locodog wrote :
Something like but you need an equality check

param_equal `cue_name 1` 'FULL IN' ? on : off

Thanks LOCODOG, I get the idea, but it didnt work. Heres why I need this. Have 3/4 of 12000 track library showing text FULL IN on cue 1, they also had {} in the composer tag field which indicated to me that cues where set. Wiped out that tag on all the tracks with no way back. So if I can determine if the FULL IN is on the cue button i can run a script across the library to fix the problem...

& param_equal `cue_name 1` 'FULL IN' ? browsed_song composer '{}' : browsed_song composer '' &

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 9:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It seems to be working here [with your script]

Are you sure you wiped the tag out? no auto backups to revert to?

*edit, hang on, shouldn't you be using loaded_song? cue stuff only works with stuff on deck.

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 9:48 pm
locodog wrote :
It seems to be working here [with your script]

Are you sure you wiped the tag out? no auto backups to revert to?

*edit, hang on, shouldn't you be using loaded_song? cue stuff only works with stuff on deck.

Heres the full script:

repeat_start 'MyCueScript' ? on & repeat_stop 'MyCueScript' : off & browser_window 'songs' & & browser_window 'playlist' & browser_scroll 'top' & repeat_start "MyCueScript" 1200ms & load & goto_cue 1 & param_equal `cue_name 1` 'FULL IN' ? browsed_song composer '{}' : browsed_song composer '' & page 'browser' & browser_window 'playlist' & browser_scroll +1 & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop "MyCueScript"

Take this part out and the script goes through each track, loading an making changes.
goto_cue 1 & param_equal `cue_name 1` 'FULL IN' ?

Inviato Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 10:50 pm