Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: how to connect Virtual DJ pro to CDJ-1000MK3 and DJM-2000
tell me from the start how to connect virtual DJ to CDJ-1000MK3 to DJM-2000. Now this part sucks because I have to wait for an answer and that can be God knows when and for the time being my evening is a waste cause I need an answer . All the money I’ve spent and this is the best VDJ has to offer for help by messaging. Something is wrong about this. this gets real old having to go through this ever time i have a question.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:31 am

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 10:08 am
Does not help The CDJ-1000MK3 does not have the “Link” on the back Just RCA , Coax, control that’s it. my DJM-2000 mix has the RCA, Coax and control plugs on channel 2 and 3.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:55 pm
Hi Steve,

I don't think you'll be able to use this setup with VDJ without additional hardware. The linked club setups require HID via link or USB, which the CDJ-1000MK3 doesn't support.

You could use the CDJ-1000MK3s with CD timecode (https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/timecode.html), but you'll need an audio interface that has two stereo input channels (or x2 channels per CDJ) to get the timecode signal into your computer- the DJM-2000 won't do this. You could then use the output of that interface to go into the DJM inputs, or connect to the DJM with usb and use that as a soundcard for output.

Inviato Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 7:54 pm
Are you saying……. plug the turntables, one in each channel of the audio interface then in the out of the interface is the small square end for usb. The same on the mixer. Do I run the usb from the interface to the laptop and the mixer to the laptop?…..

Inviato Tue 09 Apr 24 @ 1:45 am
Hi Steve,

I think that solution will work. I think you have two options for the output, but the input will be the same:

DVS input: for each CDJ, load a timecode CD. Run the RCA output pairs to the input of the audio interface. Run the audio interface (USB B, USB C, maybe another connection) to the computer. Set it as a DVS input in VDJ.

Output option 1, audio interface: If your audio interface has as many outputs as you want decks, use this device as an audio output in VDJ and connect its outputs to the audio inputs on the DJM. Set the DJM inputs to CD. This is shown in the bottom left of this image (time code setup) https://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/ianmelville/blogs/4542/CDJ_Setup_Diagram_For_Virtual_Dj.html.

Output option 2, DJM via USB: Connect to your computer to the DJM via the USB port on the back. In VDJ, set the DJM as an audio output device. Set the DJM inputs to USB. Personally i'd go with this option.

I don't own any of this gear so am shooting from the hip :) Good luck.

Inviato Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 12:53 pm