Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Network Control Plugin Effect - Default Port SAVE Changes
Add the ability to set the default port for network control plugin effect in VDJ settings and or add the ability to save the HTTP Port and Authentication... or at least use the last port and password combination.

It's annoying to always have to change these every time Virtual DJ is launched. (All because it's not saved anywhere and another app is already using port 80)

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 24 @ 3:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be saved already. Are your other virtualdj settings saved?

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 24 @ 5:40 pm
Every time VDJ is loaded the Network Control plugin defaults to port 80 and no password.

It only saves the turned on or turned off state under the Auto Start Master Effect. But the port and password has no ability to be Saved or Set (remembered) to a different setting. It's not listed under Virtual DJ options that I can find and it probably wouldn't as it's an optional Effect plugin for pro users.

Yes you can change the port and change the password but we shouldn't have to do this every time we restart Virtual DJ.

Inviato Thu 25 Apr 24 @ 4:16 pm
Might I suggest the developers add a save button in the interface that creates an optional XML file stored in Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins64/Autostart. The plugin can check for this optional file and if it exists use the port and password contained within. (otherwise it loads as it does now)
This also allows developers using this plugin to control Virtual DJ to optionally modify this file before starting VirtualDJ.

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 24 @ 2:10 pm
There should be a native_Network Control.ini already in VirtualDJ\Plugins64 where the settings are stored

Inviato Fri 26 Apr 24 @ 3:36 pm
Just checked and there isn't a native_Network Control.ini. It's native_Mobius.ini followed by native_Noise.ini.

I'd create one to see if it picks it up but not sure what [autoparams] are to be listed. Guessing:
HTTP Server 0=1 for true in the checkbox (0 for unchecked),
HTTP Port 1=80, and
Authentication 2=PlainTextPassword

Inviato 7 days ago @ 12:29 pm
Looks like there was indeed a bug saving the settings in some cases, will be fixed in next update.

Inviato 7 days ago @ 2:11 pm