Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: song dividers...
lakis69PRO InfinityMember since 2011
something that may be useless to manybut for me it would be useful and I will explain why... I'm working with playlist now my lists... each list is a genre of songs eg RNBbut each RNB list has songs with subcategories inside where I have them by group... I would like these groups to be able to distinguish them with a line like in the photo so that I can distinguish each group as quickly as possible.

the photo is downloaded from Google..

Inviato Mon 22 Apr 24 @ 9:55 pm
Just create a dummy empty mp3 file, and edit it's tag to something like
Artist="------------- GRP CHANGE ---------------"
Title="------------- GRP CHANGE ---------------"

Then drag this dummy file as many times as you wish inside your list and place it accordinbly.
You can also assign a color to it, or use a color rule to color it for you automatically

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 1:15 pm
clever I hadn't thought of that ... but if you can help me more how to do it exactly ... it will be a normal song but ... I will rename it?

to put hyphens in the name, surname and title; I will give it a try! thanks smart!

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 1:21 pm
problem.... nice idea but... when I load the list in automix this song will also play

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 1:35 pm
Well, I guess you can't have everything at the same time :P
I mean, if the list is going to be played by automix, what's the reason to have a visual split between "subgroups" ?

Anyway, try to make the file very short, like 1 sec. Then perhaps automix will ignore it.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 1:51 pm
there are cases where I play them live and sometimes with automix....
never mind it was a good idea that didn't catch on! 😁

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 2:33 pm

Inviato 7 days ago @ 6:12 pm
I'm glad they have another one, this wish of mine 😊😊😊

Inviato 7 days ago @ 6:45 pm
Until the wish is impletemented in VDJ.. one could continue along the same thinking of Phantom DJ's workaround, but modify a "Missing Track", instead of a working track.
(a missing track will NOT be played by automix.. and will be skipped, as if it was not in the list)

OR
one could make the track you have already modified... Missing,
by deleting/renaming the track from within the OS. (again so it will be ignored in automix)

Summary:
Create your divider with a Missing track.

Inviato 7 days ago @ 7:27 pm

OR
by deleting/renaming the track from within the OS. (again so it will be ignored in automix)

Clever!

Inviato 6 days ago @ 10:16 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Until the wish is impletemented in VDJ.. one could continue along the same thinking of Phantom DJ's workaround, but modify a "Missing Track", instead of a working track.
(a missing track will NOT be played by automix.. and will be skipped, as if it was not in the list)

OR

Summary:
Create your divider with a Missing track.

LOL I had created a .03 second silent Wav file which did the job, but it is true that when doing an automix, it does prevent the files from overlapping

making into a missing file does overcome that although I dont think I really need this in my every day use
im not sure how to deal with that when im restoring my database and it asks me if i want to remove missing files though..i presume it will remove that file then too.

Inviato 6 days ago @ 11:36 pm
I put an mp3 file where I named it with dashes " ------ " and after i put it in the lists and categories i wanted... i moved the file to another location like the other kid said way above... and it did the trick.. it works fine even in automix... it skips it no problem or some gap... makes the change to the next song immediate.
great help... changed the perspective on my lists
it would be perfect if he makes our wish come true 👏👏🙏🙏👼👼✝️✝️

Inviato 6 days ago @ 12:56 pm