Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: load_deck_set .xml VDJscript
I'm glad that save_deck_set and load_deck_set exist, however the .xml file that is generated from it does not appear to be documented and its utility seems rather limited as is. But all that would drastically change if upon loading an .xml it would also perform actions that would be user specified within those deck set .xml files.

Because of the time required to get things back to their saved state, save_deck_set/load_deck_set is mostly useful for loading a deck set for the beginning of a set (from silence) - transitioning to another saved deck live isn't really feasible at this time.

What I'm requesting is similar functionality to <oninit> for skins but for the .xml files read by load_deck_set.

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20OnInit.html

This would open up the power of VDJscript and would begin to make up for not much data being saved with save_deck_set. Currently when you load your save deck sets a lot of the information/settings associated with the state of your decks at the time of save is lost.

Why are active loops not saved? Why is the key not saved? Why are the active stems not saved? Why is the state of effects not captured? It would be incredible if these things were automatically saved into the deck set .xml as it would make them significantly more useful (we could also do this ourselves with each deck .xml if they would perform actions - but automatically saving/loading more data with save_deck_set/load_deck_set would also be incredible).

I wasn't able to find any documentation about those .xml files that are created with save_deck_set. Are the only parameters that are supported the ones that are saved with the deck set (deck, filepath, volume, pos, gain, pitch)? I didn't have any luck with a trial and error approach of removing the prefixes from some verbs (I figured it might be worth a shot).

Furthermore, from my testing, it does not appear that feature compatibility will be an issue as unknown lines in the saved deck set .xml file simply seem to be ignored upon load_deck_set.

What I'm not asking for is functionality akin to the "ONSONGLOAD" mapping but for loading a deck set. I'm asking for the ability for Virtual DJ to execute a unique user defined VDJscript within each saved deck set .xml file upon load_deck_set (also automatically saving more settings into that file would be great).

This functionality would drastically increase the utility of save_deck_set/load_deck_set (requires "loadSecurity" set to "off") and change how Virtual DJ is used.

Creating many new processed audio files just for the use of save_deck_set/load_deck_set is extremely tedious and a very rigid approach to using deck sets (but unfortunately this seems like the best approach for now - which I try to avoid if at all possible).

From what I understand about Virtual DJ, this suggestion seems perfectly in line with the spirit of the software and community. I hope this feature can be implemented as it seems relatively straightforward and will add immense value to the community.

Related posts:

https://de.virtualdj.com/forums/164187/German_Forum/Keychange_merken_.html

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/228260/Wishes_and_new_features/Better_load_save_deck_set_Integration.html

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 24 @ 12:41 am