Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ SX3 - remap channel assign buttons
I would like to map the buttons 'FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_1', 'FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_2', 'FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_1' & 'FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_2' as the function of the buttons is originally intended

- When FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_1 is pressed, all activated effects of the left deck should be heard/assigned to the left deck on channel 1, when FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_1 is deactivated, no effect should be heard.

- When FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_2 is pressed, all activated effects of the left deck should be heard/assigned to the right deck on channel 2, when FX_LEFT_ASSIGN_2 is deactivated, no effect should be heard.

- When FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_1 is pressed, all enabled effects from the right deck should be heard/assigned to the left deck on channel 1, when FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_1 is disabled, no effect should be heard.

- When FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_2 is pressed, all enabled effects from the right deck should be heard/assigned to the right deck on channel 2, when FX_RIGHT_ASSIGN_2 is disabled, no effect should be heard.

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 12:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I made a skin that does that, it was pretty complicated to figure out. [nobody else has done it]
I only built it into the performance skin as it already has the fx rack.
It uses deck 5 to hold the fx units.

You'll probably need some guidance with mapping to hardware too. There's nothing unusual for a mapper but the average user isn't going to get action_deck mapping without some pointers.

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 1:22 am
That's exactly what I want. Do I need an extra skin for this or is it also possible to do this with the standard pro skin with the right mapping command ? I am a beginner with Virtual DJ

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 7:54 am
Strictly speaking the skin isn't required, but practically since this is making vdj behave in a non standard way, I'd say the skin is necessary, just to show what is armed but not linked to a deck.

I haven't looked at building it in to the pro skin yet.
I'll send you a pm.

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 9:50 am
Okay, it would be great, if you could help me there with the pro skin. I am waiting for your pm

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 10:19 am

Built it into default pro, not much to look at but will act like the video
And without posting lots of pictures, this also is in 4 deck layouts, 2+2 mixer, 4 deck mixer, and both wave positions.

Inviato Sat 01 Jun 24 @ 1:12 pm
Thank you for the help, it works well. A bit different to Serato but more or less the same

Inviato Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 3:59 am