Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: HELP! Picking up wrong Rekordbox file names
I have to play a gig this weekend on Virtual DJ which I'm totally new to. I'm coming from Rekordbox. It looks like a lot of files aren't found properly when I navigate to Rekordbox in the Local Files tree. They're totally fine in Rekordbox and the file locations are correct and exist. However, in the Virtual DJ Tag Editor I can see the File Path for a bunch of files are showing old, non-existent locations. I can only guess that these are still present somewhere in the internal Rekordbox database and that's what Virtual DJ is using. These File Paths are absolutely nowhere to be found in Rekordbox (ie. don't show up anywhere in an exported XML version of the collection), but that's what Virtual DJ is showing. To make it worse, even if I go to the trouble of relocating the file(s), the next time I start Virtual DJ they have reset to the original, incorrect values, ie. it re-reads the incorrect Rekordbox DB values.

I tried renaming in Rekordbox, and even re-importing them from a USB (already in Rekordbox format and from the same collection that was exported to the USB), to no avail. I assume in the Rekordbox DB these are still the same songs...?

I can make new copies of audio files and re-import them into Rekordbox, but I lose all the cuepoints, waveforms, etc. HELP!!!

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 24 @ 9:27 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You dont need to Inport anything or even look for any XML Rekordbox database.
VirtualDJ will read the Rekordbox database by looking for the master.db file created by Rekordbox.
Make sure RB is closed, then open VirtualDJ , goto Settings->OPTIONS tab and then look for RekordboxFolder setting. Click on the arrow on the right side of this setting and then navigate to the folder where your Rekordbox is storing the Database.
For Windows it's usually in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox
For Mac it's usually in /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox
And i say usually, because you may have set a different Drive in RB for the database.
Once the db is read from VirtualDJ (you may have to restart VDJ), you will see all of your RB Playlists under Local Music -> Rekordbox folder in VirtualDJ Browser

If some Tracks are not in those Playlists, you will then need to add them in Playlists using RB and then VDJ will see those too.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 24 @ 12:36 pm
That's all working. The issue is that Virtual DJ is picking up the WRONG filenames for some tracks. It's where they were once located, but were long ago moved. I can only guess that these old locations are still in the Rekordbox DB somewhere and Virtual DJ is using these old paths rather than the current one.

The only reason I mentioned the rekordbox.xml file is to say that it does NOT contain these old locations. I realize it's just an XML export of the Rekordbox collection and I'm not trying to use it with Virtual DJ.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 24 @ 6:09 pm