Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Possibility to set automix rule for artist separation?
imlachPRO SubscriberMember since 2024
Hi, I was wondering if there's any way to tell the automix to not repeat the same artist in a space of let's say, one hour? I'd quite like to have a huge mixed pool of songs, with multiple from the same artist, and ensure that they don't get played after one another on my radio stream.

Inviato 2 days ago @ 10:57 am
With a really "huge pool of songs", if you use shuffle, the chances to get 2 songs from the same artist to play "back to back" or very close, are really slim.

Other than that, VirtualDJ was not designed as a Radio Automation Program (which would/should have such an option/function)

Inviato 2 days ago @ 11:13 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It could be done with script maybe a plugin but tagging would have to be on point, and actually making it happen is no small task.

Inviato 2 days ago @ 11:32 am
imlachPRO SubscriberMember since 2024
Appreciate the replies. Yeah, makes sense - it isn't automation software. I still think I can make it work for my intended purpose, I'd prefer not to go back to software like SAM which feels pretty archaic compared to VDJ. I also like the Tidal integration.

Might go down the route of more specific playlists with one track from each artist, then shuffle and rotate between the playlists.

Inviato 2 days ago @ 11:51 am