Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dissappearing MP3 Files - Please help!!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone,

Recently after downloading a couple of different Demo DJ software and instlling them on my computer to test, my MP3 files have apparently disappeared. I have a 13GB Slave drive that contained 10GB of downloded and ripped MP3s. Even though I only have about 20 files left on the drive now and can't see any of the rest of them, the drive properties still show that there's only 3 GB free space. I'd really appreciate any help from amyone whos experienced this before. I believe I may have dowloaded a virus of some sort.

Inviato Mon 12 Mar 01 @ 9:19 pm
Try doing a search for mp3 files on your PC, maybe even going through every directory manually and looking for some files that catch your eye as they may have been re-named...

Anyway see how you go =)

Inviato Tue 13 Mar 01 @ 11:31 am
polPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
OK, It seems that some of software that download or encode MP3 files set them as system files. Try to set those files as non-system.

Cheers

Inviato Tue 13 Mar 01 @ 6:14 pm
Hey the files could have been hidden. On windows xp and 2000 the file options are automatically set to not to show hidden files. Open up my documents and select the tools menu, then folder options. Go to the second tab and scroll down until you see show hidden files and folders. Select show hidden files and folders. Justa thought
thanks
DJ LINUX

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 2:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)