Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help me please!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I wanna buy a laptop computer... do you guys know any good and affordable and hardware rendered laptop sound cards with more than 2 outputs that supports 3D sound (for pre-mix listening headphones)?

Inviato Fri 02 Nov 01 @ 7:18 am
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
I want to know too!! Please I've been looking around, none of the computer stores I've been to sell USB soundcards, and I don't know of any laptops with SBLive! sound. USB SBLive! would be good...I certainly don't want to lug around my PC to different gigs...I've done it b4 and it's not much fun.

Mike

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 1:53 pm
I have a sony vaio sr7k and i purchased a telex usb audio adapter at my local compusa and it works perfectly.

just setup your sound config to have 2 soundcards and you should be set to go. (assuming u actually purchased the software and didnt get a cracked version)...

It is however a bit slow with the new ejay software that is speculated to be alot like what we should expect from atomix in the future.... but thats only in software mix mode (where you can use the eq, etc)

-Noah

Inviato Mon 05 Nov 01 @ 8:57 pm
I have a laptop with a single stereo output and manage to do whatever I want with it (in mono, but when in gigs it doesn't matter)

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 1:10 am
Well, mono sounds like flanger :/

Inviato Tue 06 Nov 01 @ 3:54 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm hoping. I finally ordered a usb sound adapter. Unfortunately when using a single stereo sound output split for a mixer, you are only getting one channel of the full stereo sound. In many songs this doesn't really matter, but in some song that have distinct stereo seperation, you stand there looking like an idiot. Only playing half the sound output on a distinctly seperated song, like ACDC - you shook me, is just HORRIBLE! as I notice the real problem songs I've had to go back and re-encode them in mono in order to get both stereo channels. With 16,000 songs on the drive, I can't do this to every one. (I wouldn't if I could). My personal hope is that at some point Atomix will realize that this is a MAJOR problem, and figure out that it needs to be fixed. As it is, I keep Atomix and another DJ mixing program open when I'm working. (the other one runs both channels of the stereo sound into each side of the split output) If I'm working a dance set, I'll use Atomix, when I get a request for something that I know has distinct stereo seperation, I use the other program. I really hope that the usb sound adapter will do what I need it to do... The internal sound card out to one channel on the mixer, and the usb sound out to another channel. Full stereo sound X 2. I'll let you know. (I'm a bit skeptical)

Rick

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 6:25 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
After months of using Atomix I finally got a USB audio adapter. It came in Saturdays mail. After some home testing on my mobile system, Saturday night I took it for a test drive at one of the clubs I work at. The configuration was simple. Just select 2 sound devices, and mixer. The first thing I noticed is that the USB output was much lower than the on-board sound card of my laptop. So I made adjustments in the output of my primary sound card so I could keep each of the Atomix deck volumes about the same. Overall, the sound was pretty darn good. (personally I expected it to suck) However, the club has it's own sound system with lots of guts. I'm a little concerned that in a one amp one mixer, 2 speaker room, the output might be too low. I won't know for sure until I go out again on Friday. I'll be working with it again on Thursday as well, but it's also in a room that has a fairly big system. I don't expect any problems there. I may decide to experiment with a couple of plug ins to get a little extra output. However, I've noticed in the past that trying to pump the output with a plug-in can result in some pretty bad overall sound quality. As I learn more, I'll let you know. I will say that after a summer of playing in Mono, it was nice to have full 2 channel stereo sound again! I hope this is the answer.

Rick

Inviato Mon 12 Nov 01 @ 5:26 pm
Rick,

Where did you order your usb sound adapter from? What model etc.?

thanks,

Mike

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 3:02 am
Rick, I just read your post elsewhere, here it is for anyone else who's wondering:

Impressionsdj
Re: Tonight could be my last gig with 1.12
posted Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 21:01:40

I picked up the Telex at CompUSA. Don't ask any of the salespeople about a USB audio adapter, they'll look at you like you are nuts. You have to hunt and hunt and hunt until you find it. If you get frustrated easily try the telex home page.
www.computeraudio.telex.com
Even though you actually have to turn down the volume on your main sound card just a bit to make it even with the USB sound output, since you are now using full stereo output to your mixer, the volume is actually higher on both channels. The sound is awesome!
It's worth the 69.00

Rick

Inviato Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 4:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)