Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What are some really high quality sound cards (Grimm ... I need your help here)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I did a forum search, which didn't help me out much.

Right now I have an SB Live! 5.1 ... and the 2nd channel does not sound as clear as the 1st. I am wondering if there are any other sound cards out there which are better sounding than the live! series ?!

Keeping in mind, I am only interested in the card itself, I dont care about external hardware (like the exigity), digital/spdif in/out, or anything else like that for that matter.

thanks guys !!!

Inviato Fri 06 Sep 02 @ 9:19 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
I had the same problem. I noticed that with AtomixMP3 set for 3D soundcard, the two chanels were different. I set it to the default setting. (One card) And the problem went away.
I'm running Windows 98, That might have something to do with it.

DJ_JIM

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 4:59 am
Enjoy Terratec DMX 6Fire, the best sound card, better than the Platinium (a bit more...).

There is a LT version with the same chip, without extern rack: 130 euros. An excellent choise and drivers works very fine! At least! Forget Creative and drivers problems.

http://www.terratec.net/ttus/default.htm

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 10:14 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
All the Live! series and Audigy cards use different sound codecs for the front and rear channels. Hence why you'll never get equal sound quality, especially on the Live! series. The rear channel on the Live! cards are better quality then the fronts. I think thats why Atomix programmers choose to use the rear channel as the main output, since most ppl will probably have a SB Live! card of some kind.

Yes, Terratec 6Fire DMX would probably be your best bet, although it does come with all the bells and whistles. Terratex does have a 4 channel sound card, but as I understand it, its only 4 channel in ASIO supported programs. All other programs will only see the card as a 2 channel card.

There are plenty of other high quality sound card available as well, but they will cost many more $$$ then SB or Terratec cards. With the Terratec, at least you get excellent quality at a decent price.

Grimm

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 10:40 am
I forgot about Terratec's LT model. I was thinking about the EWX 24/96. In the item description it says support for ASIO and DirectSound, but it doesn't say how many channels. I'd shoot an email off to Terratec asking for more exact details if all you want is a good quality 4 channel sound card.

And definetly better driver support from Terratec then Creative. You'll be lucky if you get any support from Creative, much less better drivers for your OS/sound card.

Grimm

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 10:45 am

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 10:59 am
I am using a SB Audigy Platinum EX with a Creative Inspire 5.1 digital 5700 for home use with no problem, I hear just fine through channels. Perhaps it is just the SB Live cards that provide this problem like stated earlier.

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 02 @ 12:13 pm
thanks guys !! But the soundcards you mentioned were totally out of my price range. I appreciate the help though !

Inviato Mon 09 Sep 02 @ 2:41 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
Check out the MAudio Delta 44 :)

No idea how it'd work with atomixmp3, but it's a badass card.

-nate

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 5:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)