Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 audio cards & mixer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

_vlado_Home userMember since 2002
I was looking @ sound configuration in atomix and wondering....

a) unless you have two same audio cards you won't be able to make
the same volume on each chanel of 2cards & mixer! (you have to manually
adjust volume of each channel on mixer)

b) solution is two cards of same manufacturer and type or
3d card in which you separate 2 and 2 channels from one card!

Am I right or is there an alternative way?

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 1:39 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It would be best if both cards were the same. Have you looked into using a single soundcard with the full mono out feature, you can obtain 2 seperate full mono sgnals. With a y splitter it turns 1 soundcard into 2.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 3:18 pm
Well that is one solution, but if I can play it stereo...
...I would rather do it in stereo!

thnx, anyway

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 4:26 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use a USB audio device as a 2nd sound card. I get 2 full channels of stereo, to 2 seperate channels on my mixer this way. The device is made by Telex, and is cost around 50 bucks.

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 5:58 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Your correct. There are alternative ways as mentioned. However, simple 4 channel sound cards can be purchased very cheaply now. You can get one for less then $20 US and be happy with 2 stereo signals. Remember, Atomix isn't a game, so you dont need the latest generation of sound cards with all the bells and whistles. But the quality of audio may suffer from those cheap cards, so choose wisely grasshopper. :)

Grimm

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 7:37 pm
I'll tell you this much. With the inexpensive USB device (on a laptop) I take this program out at least 4 times a week and play in front of some pretty darn big crowds, through some pretty darn good sound equipment. It sounds great!

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 7:51 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I too use the program 4 times a week. Reggae wednesday, hip hop thurday, top 40 friday, everything saturday (lol).

I have been using the singel sound card config with a y spliter since 2.1 was released and never once had a complaint about the quality of sound.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Inviato Wed 11 Sep 02 @ 11:39 pm
I hear ya Homeboy... for a while I went straight with the split mono... Then one day about a month or so ago I decided to throw the usb device back on just for the heck of it. Since I'm doing 4 gigs... dance night, dance night, happy hour, and dance night, (and sometimes a private party on Saturday) at the end of each gig, I just unhook all the cables and stuff them into the back of the console. Since they're already hooked up, it's just easier to go ahead and plug them back in each time I set up the system again. Split mono is fine (as long as it's 2.1) The USB sound device is also fine. I see through these forums stories of people struggling with this sound card and that sound card... I never struggled even for 1 second with any sound card or sound device.

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 12:06 am
fatboyHome userMember since 2001
Hi Impressions,

Guess the device you are talkin' about is the Telex USB Digital Headset. Can you confirm this? I'm looking for something not as expensive as the SB Extigy to use with my laptop. I see you use that device very often but, can you explain me how does it work exactly? Do you use it along with your internal soundcard and an external mixer? I would be very thankful if you could help me, cause the extigy is definitively out of my range.

Thanks in advance.

El Gordo
SPAIN

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 11:32 am
They have a few different audio decives. The headset device is the same audio device, it just comes with a set of headphones. (I believe) It's simple, open the package, throw the headset away, plug the device into any available usb port, plug a stereo cable into the speaker out plug, (this cable will have an 1/8th inch jack on one end, and 2 RCA plugs on the other end. The 1/8th jack goes into the telex device, the RCA plugs go into a channel on your mixer. Use the same type of cable from your computers onboard sound out, and plug it into another channel on the mixer. I use channels 3 & 4... yeah, I am still carrying around the DENON CD player. Anyway, launch the computer, it'll install the software, then open Atomix. Go to settings, select 2 sound cards & mixer configuration. In the drop down box next to sound card 1 choose either your onboard sound card, or the telex usb audio, in the drop down box for sound card 2, choose whichever one you did not choose for sound card 1. You are now set for 2 seperate full stereo outputs. Good Luck.
BTW, the full mono output also does sound good. You can do this without buying the telex usb device. Just use the same type of cable out of your computers sound card output, and plug the 2 rca jacks into 2 seperate channels on the mixer. If you do this BE SURE TO SET THE MIXER TO MONO.

Inviato Thu 12 Sep 02 @ 6:35 pm
Thank you so much, Impressions. Everything is clear to me now :D The only thing I need right now is find Telex products here in Spain. Wish me good luck...

Inviato Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 9:30 am
oohhh... Good luck! You probably can find it on the net, and order it that way. It'll probably take a while, but it'll get there sooner or later.

Inviato Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 4:15 pm
I am just suprised on how there is no difference in sound quality when you are using the mono-split configuration ?!

I am sure using the on-board sound laptop just doesn't match the high quality of the exity ? Have you ever looked into that Rick ? I am sure you will get alot better quality out of that !?

Inviato Fri 13 Sep 02 @ 8:24 pm
No, I haven't thought of it primarily because the sound output really is fine as it is. By fine, I mean really it simply couldn't sound any better. There is just no need for me to examine any other sound output devices.

Inviato Sat 14 Sep 02 @ 1:56 pm
OK for mono output,

BUT NOT every mp3 is of the same loudness, how do you correct this? Using one of the compressors?

Inviato Mon 16 Sep 02 @ 1:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)