Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: uhhh, shoutcast AGAIN

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm trying to determine if AtomixMP3 is worth buying to use as an internet radio broadcasting application. Can someone please tell me if the following is possible:

Run AtomixMP3 as the player app. Let it run in Automix mode for a week at a time. Stream the MIXED output to the Shoutcast server app, using the DSP plugin for Winamp. Preserve the artist and song title information so that listeners know what they're hearing.

I'm getting conflicting information as to whether AtomixMP3 supports Winamp plugins or not. If so, how do I configure it? I could not find any information about this on the website or by poking around in the program.

I remember something about version one only allowing you to place effects on one desk or another, and it appears that despite feature requests, this is still the case in version two?

I've been trying to find software that will replace Winamp as the player app for my Internet radio station, but so far it's been a big waste of time.

Please advise,

Aaron Ross
aaron@dr-yo.com

Inviato Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:35 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The version 2.0 doesn´t support DSP plugins. The solution is, to install the line-in plugin in winamp, configure winamp with shoutcast, stream your automix to the lin-in of your soundcard where winamp catches it using the line-in plug and streams it with the shoutcast.
The only prob is, you can´t stream the artist and song title information! But for further infos on what informations you can stream, please read the help file of the line-in plug. There are some options to configure!

Inviato Sat 12 Jan 02 @ 9:19 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
Uhm, I wouldn't really use AtomixMP3 for your SHOUTcast stream...

Tag (coder of SHOUTcast, owner of www.tagstrance.com, where I'm a ressie DJ), uses Winamp, the crossfading plugin (thats included in Winamp 3 Beta Love) and SHOUTcast server

Its the best, and recommended way (As SHOUTcast and Winamp are both from the same development team, as you know) to run a 24/7 stream

AtomixMP3 should only really be used for SHOUTcasting if your mixing live

Hope it helps,

- Bren (Syfoon)

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 02 @ 3:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)