Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: AArrggghhh!!! Experienced dj's: how do you do it? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

davidvaHome userMember since 2002
I am trying to beatmatch manually, but I have trouble keeping the beat at the same tempo.....

I know with cd players u can use a jog wheel, and with turntables your hands to speed up or slow down the song...

How do u do it in atomix (there is no rewind or forward button) and no jogwheel....
Maybe playing with the pitch will help?

How do u do it?

P.S.
I saw a denon that fit my budget... Should I try to learn to beatmatch on that first?

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 02 @ 8:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Use the left and right arrow keys to jog the song forward or backwards. Also look in the shortcuts section to see keys that you could assign to your keyboard to help you out. If you have not purchased the full version you will need to do so to use the shortcuts.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 02 @ 8:38 pm
Thanx DJ Homeboy!!

A simple answer but a big help....

Inviato Mon 05 Aug 02 @ 9:18 pm
howzit, im dj sassi...
I really want 2 know how to mix hip-hop, da trax all seem 2 have various bpm's and if u increase or decrease da pitches da track sounds off...
Please help!!

Sassi

Inviato Mon 12 Aug 02 @ 2:21 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Have u ever tried it with cd players?

Inviato Fri 23 Aug 02 @ 5:39 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
Hip Hop and R&B are quite simple to mix, actually. The trick is in the bass line. Follow the bass line of both songs, and you're good to go.

Hip Hop and R&B are heavy on bass, so mixing by bass would be easier for you. If you listen to the bass/percusion portions of the songs, then it's easy to mix them.

I'll give you five songs to try with:

Voodoo - Ashanti
Dilemma - Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland
Round Up - Lady May ft. Blu Cantrell
Hot Like Fire - Aaliyah
Queen Bitch - Lil Kim ft. Notorious B.I.G

This tempo of music is good for starting a session, as you work the speed up slowly. If you can grasp these five songs, you will have got a bit of the concept I am trying to put forward, and mixing Hip Hop or R&B will be simple from hereon.

Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Inviato Sun 25 Aug 02 @ 5:57 pm
nanooHome userMember since 2002
I wish if i can let you all... lestin to my hip hop mix...

its a 42min track of all the latest hiphop songs... I wish if i can link the track in here to get what i used.

the hiphop mixing is just simple..... i could never beat match... but... its the bass and the tracks were you must get your self a practice... when you get to the next track.... use one of the follwoing.....
Scratch effect when you mix two songs in the same BPM speed...

Break down when the played song is faster than the other song in bpm...

in hiphop allmost the same bass and beats used.... so when you shif from one to another in the right time it will sound great.

Inviato Mon 26 Aug 02 @ 8:39 pm
Mixin hip hop is easier said then done, give it time and itll come like 2nd nature. beat matchin gets easier and easier HOWEVER some songs just DONT beat match....ie...rap songs with slow bpms (good times-styles, oh boy- camron) wont mix well with songs with faster bpms (ie. grindin-clipse) if ever you need some help holla at me, my aim/aol screen name is Dgennwo1

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 02 @ 5:56 am
'Who the hell want to mix hip hop?? that music sucks ass... Come to holland where u have the Hardcore!! (and i dont mean hardcore rock or punk or that shit)

Hardcore!! Pumpin basslines...underground sounds...

Bring it!!

Mix THAT shit.....

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 02 @ 8:59 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dang mutronic, you are just full of nice things to say aren't you.

(your IQ is showing up in your posts.)

Inviato Thu 12 Dec 02 @ 9:27 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
@ Mutronic, this is a discusion forum not a gripe forum. Please post messages with respect or you will not be permitted to post, thanks.

Inviato Fri 13 Dec 02 @ 1:27 am
djxtcHome userMember since 2003
Hey man! This software is really easy but professional too....I Wanted to know where could i find the pitch controller and mayb a scratcher. wish me luck im mixing 2nite-Dj Xtc

Inviato Sat 17 May 03 @ 10:53 pm
no need for full version to use shortcuts like shift + numpad +/- to fine tune pitch..

Inviato Wed 28 May 03 @ 11:08 pm
Hi, I'm Arne, i have many shorchut file for atomixmp3 2.2 for many situation, and with that shortcut, my atomixmp3 have abillity to do all thing that other DJ player can do ( stutter, back cue, etc except scratch) and i have shutdown all of automatic abillity in my atomix..... you can make 4 hot cue to make your own beat with cue point ( this feature similar with pioneer cdj 1000 and CMX 3000) or beat cutting like Pioneer cdj 800, and back cue ( stutter ) and this function similar with cue button on all pioneer cdj. You can "nudge" the beat too ( and this is similar with jogwhell function) and other cool features that will make Atomixmp3 more better than other dj player software.I'm using atomixmp3 for about 2 years and for playing and mixing, i'm always using keyboard, no mouse required. Ok, if you want me to sent you my shortcuts file, please send me mail to **** ...... ok, thanks for atomixmp3 crew that create a cool software.

Inviato Mon 15 Dec 03 @ 12:40 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Using it for 2 years? You should buy the full version!

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 4:57 am
I'm using Atomix since version 1.12 to 2.2 and i have the copy from my friend from holland because i can't buy it without credit card.....he he....

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:18 pm
My email is poor@lamer...

Inviato Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 5:21 pm
Fuck !!!! I have all version of atomixmp3 and it all not an demo version, so how can i register my serial number, there was an error on your site.....

Inviato Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 4:28 pm
By using the version of your friends, you use an illegal version (it’s not your ) and your friend use his version in illegality of the copyright.

http://www.atomixmp3.com/support/manual/copyright.html

You and your friend are exposed to the legal procedure for non respect of the copyright. The serial of your friend must be in “lamer list” that’s why you can't use it in your profile.

Please, regularise your status by buying your own version in this site.

Thanks

Coyote

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 4:05 am
learning how to dj with atomix is fine but using it at live gigs really sucks...Everyone wants to be a dj these days-and after playing around with atomix for a few months think they know it all...If u think atomix is "fun" or something then u r so wrong.
Turntables and cd players are the way if u even want to dream of being a REAL dj.[and u get much more satisfaction from you skills whereas atomix does everything for u-even with all features disabled].

Bottom line:-

Using atomix? You're not a dj.

Inviato Thu 25 Dec 03 @ 11:17 am
71%