Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What do you use to rip CD's and encode MP3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

What software do you use to rip CD's and encode MP3 files?
And what bitrate do you guys recommend for best quality?
Do you think variable bitrates do a great job?

Inviato Thu 24 Oct 02 @ 8:12 pm
If you want a Simple and efficient CD ripper .. CDEX is REALLY REALLY good.

If you have more time on your hands, then go for Exact Audio Copy ... it's the top-of-the-line ripper which uses the lame codec. It has the best encoding and error correction.

STAY AWAY from Variable bitrates !!! I usually rip at 192 !!! anything above that I personally do not notice a difference. IF space is not an issue and sound quality is top priority, definately go for 256 or 320 even. Space does become and issue when you have massive libraries -> 2000+ songs

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 02 @ 3:59 am
Thanks. I think EAC does a better job at ripping CD's. The problem is that it always uses variable bitrate. I don't know how to set it to use fixed bitrate. I set it to high quality and 256.
By the way, what's wrong with variable bitrate? It is supposed to give better quality for a similar filesize. I am not too concerned about file sizes. I am doing most of my stuff at 256 and some old stuff (from old recordings) at 192 since I think CD's made from old recordings don't have very high sound quality anyway.

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 02 @ 6:42 am
I use Roxio Sound Stream to rip CD's. I used to use CDex, but since it seems that it is always a beta product, it usually has a few bugs. I have not had a problem w/Soundstream, so if you're willing to spend a few bucks for EZ Cd creator Platinum(it has Soundstream to rip cd's to mp3, wma, etc., as well as other stuff) It might help you.

Inviato Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 2:15 am
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
Wavelab 3 - that way I can remaster and edit things on the fly.

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 2:05 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I use "Get It On Cd" of Steinberg (like wavelab) with several options for the mp3's you want to make. A very good program for a reasonable price

kheyo

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 7:59 pm
i use musicmatch jukebox... nice software... it also converts mp3 files to wav. and vice versa... http://www.musicmatch.com
if you also want, maybe i can get a crack for your demo version of musicmatch.. :)

Inviato Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:58 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was using music match, but for some reason the speed dropped of to like 8X for ripping. I've been using Realone, but I can't stand the pop ups. However, it rips at 26X. Has anyone found a GOOD CD ripping program that works well with XP, that doesn't pester you with unwanted adds? I haven't been able to use audio catalyst since I went with XP. It only wants to rip at 1X.. UGH!

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 8:12 pm
I use "CDEX" and "EAC" -> Exact Audio Copy

GREAT AND SIMPLE PROGRAMS !

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 9:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)