Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beat Window -> Wrong Direction

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have recently completed my first prototype of a vinyl interface for scratching in atomix. (no, I will not make you one, so don't ask) I realized something drastically wrong with the direction of travel of the beats in the beat window--it goes the wrong direction! My interface allowed me to see that the scrolling of the beats was NOT the same direction as would be felt with a record. Vinyl records rotate *CLOCKWISE* during normal play, whereas atomix, if treated as a small section of a record, would be like rotating *Counter-Clockwise* during normal playback. I know we have all become used to the *right-to-left* movement of the beats, but when scratching in atomix, to *rewind* the music requires *left-to-right*, or clockwise movement. This would be like speeding up a real record, not rewinding it.

This may be the cause of the troubles some users experience when going from atomix to turntables or vice-versa, because you must train your movements to be opposite (even though you may not have noticed it) which makes it diffcult to go back and forth using the same "trained" hand method.

Just thought I would let everyone know that this could be the cause of some difficulty when scratching if you are used to either atomix or vinyl and try to do it on the other medium.

Regards,
Diggabyte
falldownhappy@hotmail.com

Inviato Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 10:53 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe a "Reverse Beats Window" option in a future version?

Grimm

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 12:06 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Would be nice to have it as one of the options to choose the direction of the waveform.

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 12:18 am
Was there a factor during development that led teamers to choose the *right-to-left* direction?

If not, I agree, there needs to be an option to choose wave form direction.

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 1:13 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Would like to hear more about it and get info on how you made it if possible. :)

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 1:47 am
I've always thought how the window going from right to left was kinda strange ?

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 5:06 pm
Every other DJ and sound editing software I've seen goes from left to right. For me it it makes perfect sense. .noitcerid etisoppo eht ni gnidaer enigamI

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 6:26 pm
For a second there I throught you were writing in Nordic ?!?!?!??!

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 7:02 pm
Based on my limited programming experience ... I AM ALMOST positve that it can be reversed without re-coding the entire applet for the beat window.

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 7:04 pm
Homeboy- Email me-----> falldownhappy@hotmail.com

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 11:30 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)