Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Organizing MP3's for Atomix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i'm about to begin organizing my MP3 collection for Atomix, and i'm wondering if the internal database (that stores BPM and comments) uses absolute paths. i ask because i want to begin organizing on my current machine/hard drive, but plan to get a new machine with a second hard drive... so, instead of C:\music, all my files might eventually be in D:\music.

also, it seems to me that once i begin the task of storing BPM's and comments, that i am then somewhat "stuck" in whatever directory/file-naming scheme i have chosen to start out with -- unless i use the Atomix features for renaming/moving files (which should be adequate for minor changes, but obviously aren't made for re-organizing an entire collection).

any suggestions for what to do and what not to do would be much appreciated. also, i haven't looked, but i wonder if the file format of the internal database is easy enough to work with, if necessary.

thanks
-scott

Inviato Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 7:27 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It stores in a absolute path.

Salva

Inviato Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 8:54 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Be sure to name your files properly artist - title.
the - is the seperator. anything before the hyphen will fall into the artist collumn, while everything past the - will be listed in the title collumn.

Inviato Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 2:52 pm
thanks for the responses.

i was hoping somebody would tell me that i was off course, but it does seem like i need to organize my MP3's specifically for Atomix -- specifically, sticking to the predefined naming convention and not moving anything around outside of Atomix (since BPM/comment data will get lost).

i know other folks have brought this up, but i'll just reiterate that it would be much nicer if i could organize/name my MP3's however i want, and then configure Atomix -- rather than the other way around.

-scott

Inviato Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 6:22 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I know the problem. I've recently moved to a laptop for gigging and I lost all the hand set bpm and comments info. Even when I move songs around from within AtomixMP3 it seems to lose the data.

I love the program and use it all the time, but the database could do with some work.

Just my opinion,

Cheers,

Jack.

Inviato Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 1:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)