Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: a decent bpm counter ?????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

tired of waiting for someone to write a tempo based delay plugin I got myself a secondhand redsound xs fx unit on an e-bay auction......
the fx are awesome and i would recommend one of these to anyone looking for a decent external fx box ( or a kaoss pad)

The unit also features an auto bpm counter to synch the fx...
The unit was introduced late in 2000 and it calculates bpm in a couple of secs...
not just 4/4 house & techno like atomix but ....
drum and bass, breakbeat, hip hop , R&B (most of the time) and downbeat to 10ths of a bpm......

I now use this unit to calculate bpms of all the non 4/4 tracks
that I play using atomix...I used to use the bpm counter thats
included in Traktor DJ studio(miles better than Atomix's ) before I bought the Redsound unit.....

I'm sure that someone in the atomix team likes other music than house techno and shitty euro(pop)trance and could push the developers for a better bpm counter.

Atomix was reviewed today in international dj mag (no free cd on cover so I put it back on the shelf) and the reviewer commented that the bpm counters on his (admittedly high end Pioneer I think) mixer detected tempo better than atomix..and was suitably unimpressed by the default atomix skin...yeuch.. he did however reakon that it was worth downloading before moving on to someones elses shareware effort.....

I hate to sound like I'm slagging Atomix I play for an hour or so every day and use it in preference to traktor,pcdj.bpm studio ect...all of which I've tried (full versions) and loathe in varying degrees.......

Inviato Wed 02 Apr 03 @ 2:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)