Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Could s.o. explain the Loop and Prelisten (CDJ700S) plz

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I am very happy with this skin but I still cant use its full potential :( Cause i read u can displace the Loop entry and out points with it. Could someone explain this plz. And I also read u can prelisten to both decks over your headphone. How? I mean u cant touch both buttons at once...so whats the trick?

I would be very grateful for your explanations.

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 8:09 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oh you are able to prelisten? Did you buy VDJ?

For your problems: the two small wheels near the entry and out loop points set buttons, are able to resize the loop. The one at the top sets the entry point (just turn the wheel and see the loop bar on the waveform: it is moving). The bottom wheel sets the out loop point.

You can ear both decks in headphones by adjusting one of the sliders in the right up corner (with the small logo) you can ever adjust the volume of the inactive deck.

But you should register or buy it now.

FRUiT94

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 10:26 pm
Oh you have a console maybe?

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 10:48 pm
Thank you very much (that was quick response) - awesome!! Hm concerning prelistening... I have the Dj Console with boundled VDJ (doesnt Prelistening mean to hear it over headphone before it gets on air? (I'm German so be kind)) Surely I can!
Didnt you create this and the Tascam Skin? If so very good Job this two are the best Skins around in my opinion. (The standard skin is really crappy I wonder if anyone uses it (but we often see it here at the Screenshots from clubs etc. :))
But why arent the Players as big at the CDJ Skin as at the Tascam Skin that would make the Pioneer Skin perfect also thats the major point I like better at the Tascam Skin. (You know what I mean? The Window with the Players bigger and thw Window with the Browser smaller)

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 10:57 pm
Thanks for the reward man!

You know in clubs VDJ must be the standard skin cause this way, everybody can recognize it as well. But I don't like it too, that's why I like to make my own skins.

In the Tascam skin, the decks are huge, making the browser too small. I prefer the Pioneer the width of the browser is pretty correct and I can see more songs at once.

Yes prelistening means ear it before the audience ear it, in the headphones. Your problem is to prelisten, or prelisten the both decks?

Tip: if you rightclick the out-loop button you will exit the loop.

FRUiT94

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 11:07 pm
You are the Master Poster here i guess gg. Yeah my problem was to listen to both deck over headphones at once. Its solved now thx. I dont agree with you concerning the Browsersize. I'm used to scroll and its not more than 1cm or so that is lost here. But therefore many buttons at the Tascam are more comfortable to reach. Also u can scratch a little with the Tascam - why not with the Pioneer.... Sadly it doesnt have as many special abilitys as the Pioneer skin.

But I am sure (after I took a look at the Skin Forum) we will see more hot skins coming from you. And of course you will get us closer to the perfekt skin! Are you known to programming or how did u mount the new possibilitys. Your improvements kick ass.

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 11:28 pm
You can scratch with the pioneer just put your mouse in the middle of the jogwheel. Just smaller than the tascam. You don't see a movement but the button is there.

Inviato Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 1:58 am
Maybe place an icon there to make it a bit more obvious that the button is there, maybe a vdj symbol or sumthin. i personally use this skin, very pleased with it, good job.

Inviato Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 9:23 pm
THXXX Glad to read your post. I'm not a fan of these rotating graphics. A new version of the skin has been submitted this evening.

Inviato Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 9:55 pm
Nicely done, very useful. Seems a little cleaner and sharper to me too (maybe I am wrong?).
It was the first time for me to recognice that u can really speed up and down via the Jog wheel in the skin (good work). But how about a special version for those Hardware users (Dj Console etc.) we dont need the Jog possibility there, could u make the Scratch area the full Jogwheel that would make scratching a lot easier (With also the point for the finger moving while scratching). (I tried it out at the Pioneer - not the same as the Tascam for example a little to small u often hit out of the scratchable area). I guess all the Hardware users would be lucky to get their own Skin.
Thx in advance for noticing our proposals

Inviato Sat 28 Feb 04 @ 11:23 pm
Hello Guys;

I have a question for you I would like to know how can I use the headphone, because my computer is a laptop and it has only one soundcard....is it possible to do that? I wanna prelisten a song before play it...Could you help me?

And I would like to take some dj classes do you now what is the procedure to do it?

I hope you guys can answer my questions

Thanks
Dj Hurricane - beijaflor

Inviato Tue 02 Mar 04 @ 11:42 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Oh, I don't know. I use the standard sound device on my Sony laptop. It sounds very fine. I use the split output most nights. 1 card split to 2 seperate outputs.
I'm playing this through some fairly decent equipment. If there were problems, I'd know. :-)

Inviato Tue 09 Mar 04 @ 10:44 pm
Yes some laptops have good audio cards but for majority of them it'll not really make it. Is it a Sony Vaïo?

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 1:04 am
Yes it is.

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 1:19 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Toshiba satellite w/ onboard audio through 2 major systems. One being a 5,000 watt system no audio problems. All our systems use DOD and compressors.

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 6:17 am
Good stuff, man!

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 11:08 am
I run mine with the single on-board sound card through several systems over the course of the week. The "lightest" system is simply an american audio mixer straight into a qsc plx amplifier. No eq, no processor.
It sounds GREAT!!

You don't need to buy an expensive sound device to make this program work!

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 04 @ 9:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)