Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hip Hop + Radio = ??????

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have never heard anything but, techno or trance on the vdj radio, why does no one ever play hip-hop or anything else... is it not liked, I know i really like to mix hip-hop, but if i ever had a chance to be on the radio, and played hip-hop, would it be ''shunned'' i know it wouldnt be shuned but i was wondering why tht wa the only thing i ever heard...

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:33 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well last night I did 3 hours, and I played House, R'n'B, Hip Hop, Trance, Old Skool and pop, I even played some eastern music.

Alot of people do the same, like live jams and change style, but I agree that their is alot of trance and techno, hardstyle etc, secound after that is House and club.., then lastly is Hip hop and other styles.

But look at the bookings, and look for the ones that sound to your taste..

Their are a variety of styles played but it's not quite in balance, for this reason you should be welcomed to the radio, but you must meet a certain standard, and you can't take up so many slots..

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:42 pm
ic, i guess i was asleep during your show, i live in canada so there is quite a big time difference...

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:46 pm
it doesnt say bagpuss on the charts abywhere for yesterday?/

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:49 pm
See my Blog, my name is Brendan ;).

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:56 pm
oh! i get it now, im gonna tune in next time you have a show, :)

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 8:58 pm
That means I should play hip hop :(, just kidding ;).., I play mostly Deep house but I play all across the board if my mood is right..

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:01 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i listened to that vdj once when it first started. whoever was spinning was flawless but house gets a lil monotonous for me after a while. especially the beats without vocals.

bag since we missed it do the community a far and grace us with ur .txt history file of that section. or please share the mix if u recorded it.

hopefully one day i'll grace yall with some hip-hop and r&b. i have 100GB of music: gazillion instrumentals, a cappellas, remixes and scratch records.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:08 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yeah, i agree. while i like house/dance an techno music, i also love hiphop and rock/metal. Are there any djs here who mix up metal?

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:18 pm
wow! mixing metal, tha would be hard... no i like some house/techno/trance but after a while you need something else... there should be more hip hop on the radio...

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 9:34 pm
I mix almost exclusively hip-hop, r&b and urban music styles, but I've been known to mix in a little rock too. Somewhat the same way DJ Z-Trip does it. My favorite rock pieces to mix in are Green Day - Brain Stew (I scratch the begining of this of a 16 beat loop of the intro to U2 - Bullet The Blue Sky. It is sick), Alice In Chains - Man In a Box, ACDC - Back In Black (of course), and a few others. I've also been known to mix in some alternative stuff too like Depeche Mode (Useless), Maroon 5 (This Love), The Cure (Lullaby),.. but this stuff just feels like hip-hop to me. So funky.

If I ever figure out how to get on the VDJ radio, it will be an ALL hip-hop show, I guarantee it.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 10:01 pm
Sounds like you do some sick mixing anewsome! Mixing metal is hard, but it is possible.

I dont really "mix" metal when i dj at uni for a couple of mates, i do quick fades/effects endings such as loopouts etc. I have done quite a few metal remixes, althought these were done before i had VDJ. effectivally sampling and overlooping, mixed with quick fades. A lot of tracks are just 2 (or more) tracks by the same artist.

I did however manage to mix a Fear Factory remix: Lynchpin (using Flippin doubles/cuts to vary it a bit) with What will become at the end, just using the X-Fader i managed to make it sound like lynchpin lyrics over What Will Become riffs. Really simple mix to be honest, but kinda worked. So i know that it is possible to mix metal. Mebbe i'll work on it and maybe eventually get a once a week show on VDJ radio. Dont think there would be too many listeners, but hey! its about the mixing right...

Can anyone tell me a site to post this FF remix, just so people can d/l it? I know there is one but cant remember the name lol!

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:02 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
vdj radio will always be european dominated coz this is a french made program.

there's a debatable conclusion i came to tho. that vdj is a hip-hop program while traktor is dance/techno. i came to that conclusion because someone here described hip-hop as the more fancy dj genre with the scratching and all, while techno having less of that.

(there go the damn americans trying to take over whatever is the best).

---
Nebula here's a good site for u http://rapidshare.de/

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:11 pm
I think most of the House music played on the radio was made in the U.S, I wouldn't agree that the Hip hop style is anywhere near best, but that's a matter of preference/taste.

The music I mix is far more complex than Hip hop.

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:18 pm

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:22 pm
I also spin Hip Hop and R&B. I have spun on VDJ so far...80's Dance, 90's dance, Latin House, Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, Cumbia, Hip Hop, R&B, House, Chill, MerenHouse, Old School Chicago House, Classic Rock and a mixture of a few others. I love a good variety...but my favorite is House.
That's why I call my sets "Street Mixes" because every time there is something different. You will never know what to expect next.

MS

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:37 pm
Whoa! yeah! with such a wide array of genres there maddsound, im not surprised peeps dont know what to expect! lol. I'll try and tune in tomorrow if im home from work in time

Inviato Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 11:44 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
About 70% of what I play at gigs is Hip Hop. I love House and techno, but where I live, my prime demographic mainly listen to Hip Hop, Freestyle, New Wave, Classic Rock, and Disco.

Inviato Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 1:36 am
Well I tried to sign up for VDJ radio so I could show you all some of my mixes, but not happening. I think they are not accepting new members now. Too bad. I'd love to mix some for you all.

Inviato Sat 13 Aug 05 @ 4:18 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol @ anewsome... i thought your VIP?

anyways yeah I wouldn't mind getting in on the radio action. I myself like mixing a whole list of genres, but I must admit nothn gets the blood flowing like rnb & hip hop. Fatman scoop knows how to rock a party!

Inviato Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:02 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)