Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW TCV UPDATE!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all...ummm Just checking if there was any news on a coming update that will fix the inherent flaws with the TCV. I.E. Being able to scratch?? Thanks...I know everyone is working hard...just very anxious.

Inviato Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 1:49 am
Hey TechnicalDJ! Haven't heard from you in a while!

Inviato Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 1:59 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you know the more i listen to the TCV i can tell its not the same as real vinyl but its kind of close, i certainly wouldn't think anyone in a club setting would come up to you and say nice timecode scratch dude!!! but gets some real stuff. I do agree they need improvement to become "perfect" but certainly not a show stopper IMO. Hell implants aren't real but can look damn good!!!

Inviato Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 4:01 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol scratching on my TCVs is fine dont know what your on about mate, wish vdj had more resolution when moving the platter v slowly instead of sounding all digital and blocky but i guess thats because vinyl has more information on it thana striped down mp3 so u cant expect to be able to paly it back so slow and sound the same.

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 4:43 am
My argument is...if the dudes over at Serato/Rane can make there shit sound THAT good...I KNOW the geniuses behind virtualdj are able to do it also. Probably quite easily even. I just hope they do, soon. hahaha

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 10:03 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I agree, and there are still some cd timecode problems to fix.
But i know they will..

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 12:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Are we talking about the VDJ TCVs? Mine works JUST like REAL vinyl, not close SAME as real vinyls. I use my soundcard with 2ms in ASIO mode and it works just fine, maybe are my specs, but for me works really great.

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 5:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
although i agree there is room for improvement, i'm not totally sure what your saying when the sound is so bad your using serato instead, TechnicalDJ can you make a small demo to compair the difference in sound to?

Inviato Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 7:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
He is talking about the "digital" sound when cueing or scratching at very low speed, not the normal playback. Also fast backspin and scratching has still some problems (like loosing/skip time and cue shift, distortion) also some CD TC problems (cue point shift when fast play/cue etc)
Otherwise, normal vinyl mixing and feel is GREAT, and the unique feature to use loops and cue points as usual is more than great...

I'd say house/trance/techno dj's with TC vinyls have NO reason to complain,
while battle/scratch dj's and/or CD TC have some...

Unfortunely i belong to the second category (battle/scratch at studio, CD TC at the club...)

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 12:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The software definately needs some investment in key areas, such as scratch and overall sound quality, I'm really interested to see how these things are adressed, because the next year has to be make or break regading some of the bugs/problems/sound quality.

I've said this before, it's an awsome software, but the order in which things have been has been some what strange.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 2:51 pm
Well I would be willing to bet that most of the development effort will be in the area of video mixing capability. We already see that happening today, even though the audio bugs are well known and people have been very vocal about that on the forums. Pretty much every audio bug that exists in VDJ has been there since I started using VDJ,.. yet in the face of all that,... we have an entirely new video mixing subsystem that has sprouted up. I'm glad for it and all,... don't get me wrong. But given the choice of a new video system or fixed audio system, I would have chosen fixed audio system any day - every day, all day long.

Face it gentlemen,.. new features sells software - not bug fixes. Get used to it.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 6:33 pm
anewsome you said it just right,fixed audio system any day.last night in my gig the music was very low in vdj tryed my bpm pro and everything was ok.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 7:41 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well..it certainly sells more copies to "feature seekers", namely beginners, people who are looking for toys with fancy tricks, to show off with in their bedroom, the kind of people who are more likely to obtain VDJ illegaly, because they aren't likey to make any profit from bedroom DJ'ing.

That said, I kind of disagree, I mean the most profitable market is the proffesional market, the people who want to buy software, and want to showcase software in clubs, making a proffesional software gets magazine support, internet support, wins awards, furthermore it's name becomes well known in it's industry.

I remember reading the magazine reviews of VDJ 2.X, and it did quite well.., it was quite well liked, but they didn't rank it up with some of the other softwares, and they had provided a list of "pro's and cons", I wish I had that review still, it's nowhere on the internet, but I think it was by "international DJ magazine", they rated it 7/10, amoungst the cons were many things that have already been fixed, such as an improved bpm engine, but the timestretch was pulled apart, and has been pulled apart here, I do think favouring the development of proffesional, well implemented features sells more copies in the long run.

I do think Virtual DJ will go in the direction of Professionalism, and it would be unfair to say that it hasn't come on leaps and bounds, but if the development focus was to turn to some key & basic areas it would really do the software more justice and open up a whole new market.

Inviato Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 8:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)