Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-3 Has just arrived !!!! :) - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hmm.. there are sound settings in the control panel. Which device is choosed there..?? Maybe it can help you. (Control panel -> "Sound and sound settings" > check the sound units > down the page you'll see the midi playback settings... Choose the correct one. Maybe this'll help, just a hunch I had... :P
(I don't know what all parts are called in english, since I'm using swedish ver of XP...)

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 12:41 pm
Ah.. you mean the default midi device for playback.. I will check it when I get home... its probably defaulted to the soundcard one rather than the virtual one... good thinking !

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 1:05 pm
yes! that's what a meant :)

Inviato Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 7:36 am
Hmm.. tryed that - no joy. Even tryed removing and uninstalling the soundcard but this takes away the first midi-yoke virtual port thingy which we need. Tryed deinstalling and reinstalling the virtul port but the 1st one is still missing, - but reappears if I reinstall the soundcard .. Gaaa! Definately a conflict with the sound card !! - SO - Its going... just ordered a maya 44 mkII - I don't think it has a midi port, so no conflicts. Now got to wait for Mr. Postman. Reckon i'm gonna have to reinstall windows to get my virtual port back properly though :(

Anyone want to buy a terratec phase 26 usb external soundcard (with annoying midi-support).

Inviato Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 1:49 pm
@jpboggis

* The jog wheels only seem to send one MIDI value regardless of which way you turn them (E.g: MIDI 4 for left jog wheel), making it only possible to move in one direction. Looking at the XML preset file, it looks like it should send two separate values, but it doesn't.

How did you solve this? Your preset file does not solve this issue.
The left jog wheels keeps sending the same midi data when turning left or right.
When turning my jog wheel it also sends data from the pitch slider.
I would suspect this is a firmware/controller bug?
You can see here the midi data while turning left ANd right on the left side jog wheel.
http://www.ithelps.be/temp/JogLeft.jpg
and here for the right side jogwheel which looks correct to me.
http://www.ithelps.be/temp/JogRight.jpg

Irvin

Inviato Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 8:35 am
He resolved this before he posted his preset file - are you definately using this and his shortcut file ? It works fine for me

Inviato Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 2:29 pm
Did you download the DAC-3 MIDI driver from the VirtualDJ site download pages?

If so, I don't think they have updated this yet to include my modified MIDI presets that work correctly with VDJ (The DAC-3 MIDI driver available for download directly from PCDJ does include this now - VDJ team need to update this on the download pages.)

You can get my modified MIDI preset plus suitable VDJ MIDI shortcuts that you can paste into your VDJ shortcuts file from: http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj

Inviato Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 3:13 pm
Found a major problem with that Midi-yoke program in that in often stops my laptop booting ! - Finally tracked it down to that (look on google for midi-yoke and NOT booting) - all though when it does boot it works fine, Its something to do with winxp not handling more than 10 devices apparently ??? Anyway - tried another virtual midi port - loopbe1 - works for a bit, but oddly - and eventually bombs out with a midi-feedback error. NEED NATIVE SUPPORT !!!, Fed up fannying arround with virtual midi-ports. I've just ordered a DAC-2 to see me through until native support arrives - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 9:36 pm
Hmm... just downloaded the MAPLE 1 - Seems ok so far - works the same way as midi yoke but only 4 ports - and seems to boot so far, any problems will let you know

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:02 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:33 pm
I've not had any trouble booting with MIDI Yoke so far - It works very reliably for me, although I did initially have problems due to conflicts with another MIDI device (X-Session UC-16.)

Looking forward to proper native support (Working LCD's and no more annoying inverted pitch!)

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)