Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: @Cyder - can you provide more information on your x-fader mod ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Cyder.

I've been looking at that mod you made on your blog the the video cross fader using the hercules.

I want to do something similar as I have a spare HD console now i've gone to DAC-3, can you give me a bit more information, do you still have the hercules thing buried in the box somewhere and just extended this fader out, or have you effectively made your own midi interface ?. Can you map this to just the video xfader (using the buddled mapping software and the hercules as a midi device rather that VDJ's native support).

Thanks for your time :)

Inviato Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 12:48 pm
@CYDER - Would appreciate some info on this please mate !

Inviato Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 3:59 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
From what I understand, the hercules is still buried in there and the wires for the crossfader are just extended out to a crossfader mounted below the real mixer. The Hercules is just used as a MIDI device and powered externally so that the computer doesn't try to see it. I hope this is how it works, as I plan to do the same thing with my decrepit HDJC, once the MkII console is available.

Inviato Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 10:02 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
You guys are about half right :)

I'm using the sound card in the herc as well, but be cautious because the herc is a bandwith hog on your usb. I extended the crossfader wires for the herc up for midi control (herc in midi mode) I plan on adding a few more knobs and buttons to my mixer as well shame to have that power go to waste. I'll post more when I have completed that part of it.

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 2:29 am
Sounds cool. I only really want the cross fader for the video. Been looking on the net for a single cross fader midi control.. but can't find one... but have found a couple of sites to build a DIY midi controller.. looks complicated!

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 12:04 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
hint, midi foot controll can be moded with a slider.

Inviato Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 4:28 pm
Good thinking - Might start that as a project.

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 2:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)