Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP!! vinyl to computer with ASIO?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

logic54Home userMember since 2005
If I understand i only need a certain soundcard and these 2 records that have timecode? I downloaded the timecode and burned it to a cd. How do i got about connecting my portable cd player for testing purposes? I have 2 sound cards now I will post them at bottom of this page. Please help me save hundreds on records and continue to mix up the industry(thats an art too dj mixing not just music). Get back to me as soon as you can anyone. My budget is under $60 us dollars for any sound device for this timecode asio. Thanks and god bless.

Logic www,9800xt.tk

p.s. - Here is my sound cards

Version EVEREST v2.01.347
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer ASUS-4OKX2NMDLJ
Generator mike
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2005-10-05
Time 00:31

--------[ Windows Audio ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midi-in.0 0001 0067 SB Live! MIDI UART
midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
midi-out.1 0001 0066 A: SB Live! MIDI Synth
midi-out.2 0001 0066 B: SB Live! MIDI Synth
midi-out.3 0001 0066 SB Live! MIDI UART
mixer.0 0001 0068 C-Media Rear Panel Audio
mixer.1 0001 0068 SB Live! Wave Device
wave-in.0 0001 0065 C-Media Rear Panel Audio
wave-in.1 0001 0065 SB Live! Wave Device
wave-out.0 0001 0064 C-Media Rear Panel Audio
wave-out.1 0001 0064 SB Live! Wave Device

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 6:34 am
Well, the timecoded cd's require 4x ANALOG IN/OUT, and the SB Live! device don't have that. (Have 1 myself). Delta 44 and Maya 44 are suggested many times before, but cost a bit more than $60. Search for similar posts and you'll find links to resellers (and other good info regarding similar issues). I belive you need full version aswell to make it work with 2 units proparly, but I haven't tested timecoded with the demo though :) good luck!

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 7:45 am
And what will I need basicly. Give me a 1. 2. 3. of everything. I saw a photo with silly cords from radio shack like rca splitters or sumthing. If I understand I need 4 line in and out threw my pc. Can I do that with any video cards or just asio supported cards? I have 2 tech 1200s a vestax mixer. Right now I think all I need is 2 timecoded records and a soundcard to mix all my 15 thousand mp3's on my pc is this correct?

Thanks Logic

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:02 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
a SB live! will work fine with TCV. I use one with ASIO4ALL and it will do the trick for one deck anyways.

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 12:40 pm
Y-splitters are used in case you want to use regular vinyls/cds on your setup aswell.
For TCV use, you need a good sound card capable of ASIO. 2 units as mentioned earlier require a good supported sound card. For regular playback, most cards on the market will do.

1. Sound card (delta 44, maya 44 or similar for using 2 TCV's/TCCD's)
2. Registered version of Virtual DJ (sound settings limitations in the DEMO)
3. Since you seems to already have other equipment, you wont need so many other things but some cables i guess..

As listen2 describes, you may have 1 workable unit since there is enough channels to support 1 unit, but not 2 on your current sound card.

Hope things clears for you.

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 12:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
With $60 you don’t have enough to get TCVs work properly. You need to check these:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41590/Hardware_Technical_Support/Complete_Hardware_Checklist__.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41484/Hardware_Technical_Support/Frsit_Time_Setting_Up_Turntables_And_TCV___No_Sound__Please_Help.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41081/Software_Technical_Support/Optimal_Configuration_in_Turntables_and_TCVs.html

YOUR DEMO CAN WORK WITH TCVs but you need a working sound card with ASIO drivers. If you use ASIO4ALL you could have working 2 soundcards to have to inputs. It’s better if these 2 soundcards are the same brand and model to have the same latency in both sound cards. If you use what you describe, s-media is going to have more latency and that will be the min latency you could get. It will be not a fair comparation of what you can get, it's only a guess. If you really want to get the REAL feeling working with vinyls, you have to use a proper sound card.

Good Luck!

Inviato Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 1:36 pm
what the heck is a tcv?

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 7:13 am
TCV = Timecoded vinyl
TCCD = Timecoded CD

Inviato Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 12:31 pm
Ok hey thanks. All this is new too me and kinda confusing. I am gonna buy maya 44 usb tomorow from musicians friend. One quick question here is after i get the time coded vinyl everything will work. Now I want to use my headphones on the mixer that i have. How is this all gonna work?

Thnaks Logic

www.9800xt.tk

Inviato Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 6:36 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Logic54,

You need the full register version to use a mixer or headphones with VirtualDJ. You could use your Time Coded Vinyls with your Maya 44 USB with your version, but you cannot use headphones or a mixer for now, only the full register version of virtualdj could do that without any trouble.

Inviato Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 2:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)