Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vob question, for edit

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Okay, I've read some of the posts and tip my hat to DJCyder. I'm new to the MUSIC side of VJing, but technically have been doing it for years as a KJ (karaoke jockey). I switched to Virtuatl DJ after they added karaoke support!

Here's my question: I had a promo dvd that was scratched and wouldn't play right. I had an OLD copy of DVD xcopy (the one the pulled), and it couldn't help. I was able, however, to cut the vob files out of the DVD one at a time and put them on my Hard Disc. Now that I have them, I want to recompile them and perhaps make an image seen some of the posts and recently came across a Promo disc that had been badly scratched and wouldn't play.

Here are the files I have on my HDD now:
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_01_5.VOB
VTS_01_6.VOB
VTS_01_7.VOB
VTS_01_8.VOB

I thought, maybe, in my reading that I could just use these and splice the segments together between the vob files... what I noticed was significant problems with video/audio synch. Also, if I took the VOB files and put them in Virtual DJ, they weren't that long... played only ONE song.

My next theory was to take and assemble them in a program. I opted for Nero Vision Express. Is my thinking wrong here? Will this recompile and then allow me to make an image, and if so mount that image in Daemon Tools and THEN pull the segments out I want?

Also, is there a FASTER program to use to recompile these? Smartripper will be the staple from now on, but I had already pulled in about 6 DVDs this way thinking it would be a piece of cake.

Thanks

Inviato Sun 09 Oct 05 @ 9:18 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To rebuild a playable DVD you can use IFO Edit i think. There's a procedure with wich it reads VOB's informations and reconstruct correct IFO,BUP and menu VOB structure (well, it seems that you haven't ripped the menu VOBs, so in case your DVD will start directly). 30-40 minutes and you're done, check www.doom9.org for better informations and guides.

But IF you've been able to extract VOBs "as they was" (ex. with pure file copy-paste.. this is not clear in your post) and you can do the same with the rest of the DVD files - take ALL the files - you can simply burn them in DVD video format with Nero.

Ciao!! :)

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 2:13 pm
Yes it is strange, some of the vobs I can edit outright... this one I had to burn, then rip it will smart ripper. I should say I ripped it onto my hdd and then mounted it with daemon tools, then pulled it in. Now I'm tying to figure out the best way to merge the end of one vob file to the beginning of another.

I'm trying Wobles Mpeg-VCR, and the cutting is pretty easy. The pasting leaves me with a small gap, not too noticable, however, I like things to be perfect where they can.

Thanks for the reply!

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 11:29 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)