Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tips for more accurate auto-beat-mixing?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone have any tricks for getting auto-bpm automixing to work better for songs with drifting BPM's? No matter how accurately the CBG is at the beginning of the song, by the end, it is inevitably way off, causing a horrible, off-beat mix, even if the BPM's are matched perfectly. Most rock songs and some of the older disco & R&B (from when they still used real drummers) suffer from this.

This doesn't really bother me... I just use force fade when I'm not mixing, but I have a friend who really should convert to VDJ from Mixmeister, but can't because he depends on auto-mixing too much. I have been trying to help him get video working acceptably on his MixMeister, but I think it is just too buggy and so I have been trying to help him convert.

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 10:08 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the cool thing about mixmeister is that it slowly matches the songs and returns them to the correct pitch, if you were beat-matching 2 songs totally together you can place little markers in places that the song drifts to hold it in place. If you friend is into auto mixing then VDJ might not be for him, i have never tried video on MM but i think it scores high in automix.

Inviato Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 11:51 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree that MixMeister is very good for a 'hands-off' DJ, but it's video support is still very buggy, at least for MPEG2 files. It depends on external codec and even then, the audio and video are slightly out of sync. Also, cpu usage goes through the roof when a new track is loaded, which might be OK if it didn't affect sound quality.

I was just hoping that maybe there was some part of VDJ that I had overlooked that made the automixing more beat accurate, or at least more flexible or configurable.

Thanks.

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 4:14 pm
Under FAME settings turn autoBPM to "Enabled" rather than "Smart"

HTH

Jon

Inviato Sun 01 Jan 06 @ 11:04 pm
Or he could learn how to mix. Practice, practice, practice.

Inviato Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 9:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)