Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules 5.1?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok people, this may fry the heads of some and is pretty tricky.

Basically i want to achive 5.1 surround sound on my dj console. I have 5.1 speakers connected to console. rather than go into details of how i have tried to setup the console, assume the fact that i have tried every possible setup scenario, through the console setup, windows setup and vdj setup.

Setup. Usb - connected to console and 5.1 speakers connected as well. Winamp will play on front speakers, and media player will not play at all. i am able to DJ with VDJ, if i set the speakers to ( soundcard = Hercules - Setup = 4.1 - Output = 7.1 and remove the center speaker cable from the console. with vdj mixer set to DJ mode)

Yeah i know, head frying.

Basicaly, is it possible to have

1) 5.1 surround sound throught Vdj console on any media player
2) 5.1 surround when Djing ( in dj or other mode) and be able to monitor as well.

Obviously, someone has had the same problem, Does anyone know the best methos to setup these devices when using 5.1.

Regards, DJ_MICK_c

I also work as systems engineer, so dont be afraid to be technical, if needed

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 10:19 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Well, DJConsole works in 5.1 because it has an integrated USB sound card. If you use 5.1 to your speakers, you need another sound card to get your headphones to listen the other deck when VDJ is playing a song.

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 05 @ 11:36 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I can achieve 5.1 sound 'cause I also use a Cambridge DTT 2500 Digital with external decoder, but I tell you that it's interesting, not amazing. Even with an hardware decoder that works for frequencies you can clearly understand if a track as been transponded from 2 to 6 channels, and in the DJC there aren't knobs for easy regulation neither decoding settings (Dolby etc.). Maybe is easier to try with two pairs of splitters.
That's my point of view.

Ciao!! :)

Inviato Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 11:37 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)