Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VIDEO: Can Only Get Black and White

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi guys,
I've just been testing out some DVD singles and trying to mix them, in VDJ they work fine and in full colour, however when I plug from my graphics card output to a TV's input I get only black and white picture, note: This isn't to do with VDJ, as it is like this in windows and with games etc.

I've tried this on 3 different TV's, one very new, and 2 newish ones, I have all the drivers etc, I've played with various settings, and still just black and white.

I suspect the problem is that my cable only supports black and white, or maybe my graphics card out only supports black and white.., hmm, not sure, perhaps you have a better theory before I buy a diferent cable?.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Sun 16 Oct 05 @ 11:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
svideo output from the computer, I've seen this before, only fix is a cable replacement if its doing it on more then on tv.

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 5:31 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try to change the output on the TV-out from Ntsc to Pal if you live in Europe or the otherway if you live somewhere else

Inviato Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 11:18 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks lads I'll try that, more on this when I return to "video" settings!, you haven't heard the last of me on this! :).

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 12:10 am
Just to confirm what the other 2 have said, i've had both these problems ...

You need a special s-video to composite video cable (which I think has a resisitor or capacitor in) - Otherwise you can get black and white, (I got three of them from ebay for less than a £10)

And, the PAL NTSC thing - go into advance settings on your video card and change from NTSC to PAL - It will probably default to NTSC, which gives you black and white on some TV's, as I discovered once - I done a gig in a pub and split the signal to 3 TV's - One plasma and two CRT's - The CRTS where black and white and the plasma was colour !, some TV's can't handle it - switched to PAL and it was fine, you need the right lead though too !

Inviato Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 3:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)